News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

News has it....

I may have some snow pictures to share within the next 48 hours!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Nick in Manitou

On a website for our old neighborhood in Colorado, a neighbor posted a photo he took this evening looking down on Colorado Springs.  It is COLD there this evening and the steam from the power plant made an interesting cloud over part of the town. 

Again, there are lots of things I miss about living there, but cold like they are having this evening is not one of them!

Nick in Manitou (in Tucson!)

twocvbloke

I remember something similar when I lived in Lancashire, there was a factory that had two steam chimneys that belched out all the time, and when the UK got hit by a very cold snap in 2009 (I think), those chimneys did something just like that picture, only problem was, I didn't have my camera with me at the time...

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Quote from: Pourme on January 05, 2017, 09:59:26 PM
News has it....

I may have some snow pictures to share within the next 48 hours!

Benny

Looks like you are right on the rain/freezing rain/snow edge of that storm and the way it's tracking, you will be for hours. Good luck . . .

Pourme

Thanks John,
We are currently getting flurries. I am located in the Western half of NC, in the foothills. We only get a couple one foot or more snow falls each year so we just enjoy the fun of it all around here!...
I'll post pics when it comes......
Benny

Pourme

In this well produced video, you will see my then 11 month old Pekinese Sam frolicking in his first snow. This was taken just about one year ago on the 23rd https://youtu.be/97rFgKWwoO8
Benny

Pourme

As we slept, the foothills as well as areas as far south as Atlanta, received some snow.   Locally we got seven inches of the fluffy stuff. Sam had a good time! I laid out a tarp to peel back and give him a place to do his business.  :)

Benny

19and41

It was starting to get icy when I left work last night.  The rain on the ground froze and there is a 1/4" covering of ice on everything.  Not as bad as the dire predictions and that's not a disappointment.  And now the sun is out again.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

19and41

Well, the groceries were bought out, most of the businesses are closed and folks are afraid to get out unless under threat of losing their jobs.  Here are the horrible conditions this massive winter storm left us.

— Arthur C. Clarke

skyrider

Just a light dusting with no ice east of the Big Rock aka Stone Mountain.
Bill

Quote from: 19and41 on January 07, 2017, 11:19:54 AM
Well, the groceries were bought out, most of the businesses are closed and folks are afraid to get out unless under threat of losing their jobs.  Here are the horrible conditions this massive winter storm left us.

You poor man, this will scar you for life. You have to get out of there, come north my friend. Canada will open there arms for you. Paradise awaits you!. :)

19and41

Paradise breathed on me this weekend.  That's all I can stand!   ;D
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

Quote from: 19and41 on January 07, 2017, 11:19:54 AM

So it's just like London then?  ;D

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke