News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 152 AB Mini-Network wiring help

Started by mark4589, January 14, 2017, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark4589

I am trying to wire a WE 152 AB candlestick to work with an AE Mini-Network. Picture of the network is attached

I have a wiring diagram for a WE 151 and my 152 looks like the phone and dial are wired correctly.
I am using a 5H dial, I have connected BB and W together on the dial. The white wire from the receiver is connected to W on the dial.

The network has Green, Blue and a Black wire.
I have attached the Green to GN, and the Blue to R terminals in the phone and the black to BK on the dial.

Is this correct? What connects to BY terminal in the phone?

What mounting colored wires do I attach to terminals 1, 2 and 3 on the network board?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

dsk

Hi, and welcome!
I have 2 mini networks, and both differs from yours in layout. On all mini networks I have seen the blue wire is connected in the mid of 2 resistors, this has no use in today's phone systems.

The picture of yours are of great quality, if you could take a good picture of other side of the PCB we could probably figure out what is the corresponding termials to whats mentioned in this theread: http://tinyurl.com/jkplmnl

dsk

poplar1

Quote from: dsk on January 14, 2017, 04:46:43 PM

I have 2 mini networks, and both differs from yours in layout. On all mini networks I have seen the blue wire is connected in the mid of 2 resistors, this has no use in today's phone systems.
dsk

Here is a cross-reference for the 3 types of mini-networks:

http://telephonecollectors.info/index.php/document-repository/doc_details/1892-ae-mini-networks-aenetwork-tl

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

dsk

;D Just for the curiosity, I Have a fourth version. The PCB has a text: HB-1021.
It looks like it never had a RED wire, but the hole for soldering it in is there. Remember Red and Black is internally connected so it does not matter.

dsk

dsk

For the wiring: Green and red (=black) is for the transmitter.  Yellow and Black is for the receiver. Blue is for billing purpose on shared line. (just remove or tape it) Pink and White goes to the line, the dial pulses should be put into one of these if rotary dial is used. The rotary dial should also short receiver (yellow and black) or break receiver circuit (yellow) shorting Pink and white is an option if that is suitable.
If the dial has several contact set except for the pulse contacts, the one who silence the receiver should act first when dial is moved out of rest position, and last when returning to rest position. 

(On your picture the screw terminals from top: Yellow, Pink, White)

dsk