News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson Special 1543 W K Blue and White

Started by Doug Rose, March 05, 2017, 12:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I picked this up on CL this morning. Looks really nice, I thought the Ivory/White was painted, but it is not. Really a striking contrast. Phone works, but I cannot get it to ring. Three Position Switch on the bottom doesn't do anything that I can see. Labeled Special so I am guessing it is real?.....Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

Doug,

Check out the info in:
SC 1543 Field Handbook (Wiring Diagrams) in the TCI Library.
The ringer adjustment only works with a straight line ringer. Perhaps you have a 73-type ringer instead.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Pourme

In general, I'm not a fan of two tone phones. Every now and then I see one that really works. This color combination on that particular phone is one of those combinations that works well! I'm curious to know if it is real, as well. Nice piece, Doug!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Benny the bottom of the phone is stamped Special, but I have no knowledge of these phones. A cool SC with cut corners in really nice shape. The line cord was cut off and it looks like it didn't get much use. It is not painted. Anyone with any information please let me know...Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

I think it looks cool.
I think someone replaced a broken blue cover with a white cover   (JMO). I swap around covers on duplicate 1543 phones, the large matching plungers add a nice accent. Ir gives me more variety and makes me smile.  I think "special" is regarding "innards".
Just guesses on my part.
Jim S.

That said:
Doug: This phone makes me smile. I like it and  would be interested in doing  some trading once you want to get rid of it.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

paul-f

Custom two tone phones were occasionally created in school colors for high schools or universities.

I'm sure there must be lots of schools using blue and white, including Penn State.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line