"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found a WE 460 GC Pretty Cheap

Started by RDPipes, May 09, 2023, 07:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

Contempra

Quote from: RDPipes on May 11, 2023, 08:31:09 AMThank you sir!

You're welcome , Ron . Anytime ;) Have a nice day .

Jon Kolger

The phone looks great!  How do you go about putting the cloth sleeving over an existing cord?  I have tried to do that in the past, putting a better cloth covering over a worn cord, but it was practically impossible.  It was like the old "Chinese handcuffs" we played with when we were kids.  When you try to pull on the sleeve, it reduces the diameter to the point that you can't pull it over the cord.  Can you educate us how you do it?

RDPipes

Quote from: Jon Kolger on May 11, 2023, 09:32:59 AMThe phone looks great!  How do you go about putting the cloth sleeving over an existing cord?  I have tried to do that in the past, putting a better cloth covering over a worn cord, but it was practically impossible.  It was like the old "Chinese handcuffs" we played with when we were kids.  When you try to pull on the sleeve, it reduces the diameter to the point that you can't pull it over the cord.  Can you educate us how you do it?

You must expand the sleeve and inch it on like a worm in a sense. Don't pull it on, PUSH it on, that way it expands it.
If you have loose wires at one end like this does, they have to be bound up and once you get past them you can unbind them. Its time consuming but, if you have great patience it can be done. Granted if it was only about a foot long would make things much easier but.....
Mine I have to dye first to get the right color before I can even try. Hope that helps. ;)

oldguy

Beautiful job Ron.i like the way you saved the cord too.
Gary

RDPipes

Quote from: oldguy on May 11, 2023, 11:35:49 PMBeautiful job Ron.i like the way you saved the cord too.

Thank you again Gary, haven't done the cord yet because I have to dye the sleeve first and
have to order the RIT Dyemore in Chocolate Brown for synthetics but, it'll get there.

Witty

Beautiful work Ron.
The attention to small details is really impressive.
Ken

RDPipes

Quote from: Witty on May 12, 2023, 12:46:46 PMBeautiful work Ron.
The attention to small details is really impressive.

Thank you Ken, its all part of being OCD, LOL!

Jon Kolger

Thanks for explaining how to install the sleeving, Ron.  I will have to give that a try.

RDPipes

Quote from: Jon Kolger on May 14, 2023, 10:39:05 PMThanks for explaining how to install the sleeving, Ron.  I will have to give that a try.

I'm no expert, that's just the way I do it, hope it goes well for you Jon.