"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

North Galion cord routing

Started by fuhrmant, September 12, 2012, 05:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuhrmant

Can someone tell me...

The North Galion brings the line cord out through the "mouse hole" at the rear of the base. My phone also had the handset cord through that hole, but I believe the correct routing is through the grommet in the bottom of the base itself. Can someone confirm or set me straight? Thanks.

paul-f

Welcome to the forum!

Almost all the H-series desk sets I've seen have both cords routed out the back.

The same base is used for the wall model, so the grommet could be for the line connection when the phone is mounted on the wall.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

fuhrmant

Thank you paul-f! That makes sense. Actually it looks and works better coming out the back.

LarryInMichigan

The North 541 actually does route the cords through the bottom.

Larry

fuhrmant

Hmmm. That's interesting. I wonder why they changed. I think it tells me that I could justify doing it either way! I think I'll bring the cord out the back, but part of the fun with these old phones is digging in as best we can to their tangled history!

paul-f

The 540 series was obviously designed for the cords to exit through the bottom plate.  It sure saved them from having to mold in and finish those U-shaped exit holes in the housings.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line