News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is this? -> Northern Telecom "Solo"

Started by BellHell, December 28, 2015, 09:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BellHell

So recently I was out in the country and I found this. Can anyone give me the Name and model number thanks!

LarryInMichigan

It is a Northern Telecom Solo phone from Canada.  I think that there was another name for that model also.  I bought a refurbished one years ago at a department store in Windsor, ON and used it for years until some component failed and it started making noises.

Larry

G-Man

nt is shown on the adjacent label, indicating it was manufactured by Northern Telecom so most likely the model number is shown on it. Take a full photo of that label so it can be verified.

AE_Collector

NT "Solo" to me as well. These late 80's and 1990's NT sets were prime rental sets from Telco's in Canada at least. NT made so many different phones that the model numbers all turned into letters and numbers by then.

I have many NIB NT Solo, Signature & Harmony phones that I should be selling to NT collectors who want one of each model in each color so that I can free up some room around here!

Terry

Yes, it is a Northern Telecom Solo phone. I have the exact same one in my collection.

Doug

BellHell

Sorry for the bump.

But can someone explain what the "L"  "CM" buttons do? I know "R" redials.
Also what do the Red Green and blue buttons do?

jsowers

Quote from: BellHell on November 04, 2016, 10:32:02 PM
Sorry for the bump.

But can someone explain what the "L"  "CM" buttons do? I know "R" redials.
Also what do the Red Green and blue buttons do?

It's written on the insert on the base, at the bottom. L is for line and CM is Code Memory, or so it appears from the pictures. The three color buttons are for three frequently-called numbers to have one-touch dialing and you write the names on the paper insert on the base next to each color. I would think the CM button is for programming them, but I don't know for sure. Line may select line 1 or line 2.
Jonathan

AE_Collector

Going from memory here but it likely isnt Line but rather is Link, NT's version of Flash to 'Link' to another call coming in.

The coloured buttons are just priority number storage locations. I think you could store numbers under any of the buttons including 1 through 0 as well.

I have several of these in various colors NIB if anyone is collecting these newer (80's & 90's) NT phones.

Terry

tallguy58

Have one hanging in my garage .

Works fine for now.
Cheers........Bill