News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telechrons Forum Help

Started by Fabius, November 15, 2015, 10:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

I am trying to get on the Telechrons forum. I register and then told I have to wait for administrative approval. I've tried twice but I get nothing back. Could one of the Telechrons forum members contact an administrator and ask them to check on what's happening? My user ID is Fabius and my email is phone-man@comcast.net. Thanks.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Did you check your email for an activation message? I think they send those out. Or have you already done that and still can't get on?

Fabius

Here's the email I get:

Your registration request at Telechron Forums has been received, Fabius.

The username you registered with was Fabius. If you forget your password, you can change it at http://www.telechron.net/forager/index.php?action=reminder.

Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved. When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.

Regards,
The Telechron Forums Team.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Ah, thanks. I was thinking it might be one of those sites that by clicking on a link in the email would validate your application but it is not. I'm not a member so can't help. Seems to me your approval is nothing more now than a matter of time . . .

I know, bad joke but just couldn't help myself.

Let us know when you get approved.

LarryInMichigan

Tom,

I checked on the Telechron forum, and "Fabius" is not yet listed on the members list.  "Pappy", the owner of the forum is pretty busy, and tends to do things late at night, so I would give him at least a day or two.  The Telechron forum uses the same software as this forum.  It is a very nice forum, but nowhere near as active as this one. 

Larry

NorthernElectric

Quote from: TelePlay on November 15, 2015, 12:47:29 PMI was thinking it might be one of those sites that by clicking on a link in the email would validate your application but it is not.

It was for me when I joined it a couple of weeks ago.  The email I got started out just like the one fabius got, but mine ended with an activation link.

Maybe they've changed there account activation procedure.  As LarryInMichigan says, give it a bit of time.
Cliff

Fabius

It's been about a week. In a day or two could someone send a message to Pappy on my behalf? Thanks.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

NorthernElectric

Quote from: Fabius on November 16, 2015, 12:47:25 AM
It's been about a week. In a day or two could someone send a message to Pappy on my behalf? Thanks.

Why not try sending him an email?  You will find his email address here.
Cliff

Fabius

Quote from: NorthernElectric on November 16, 2015, 08:56:16 AM
Why not try sending him an email?  You will find his email address here.

Thanks, I've sent him a message.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905