and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What does your shop look like?

Started by Greg G., October 07, 2012, 11:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Quote from: Mr. Bones on March 04, 2013, 07:37:25 PM
Quote from: AE_Collector on March 03, 2013, 10:23:25 PM
Quite the fleet of "Mickey Mouse Phones" you have there WesternElectricBen! :)

Terry

Yes, Nick!

Is the center one, or the right one the eldest? I would guess RH side one. Just trying to develop some new wrinkles in the ol' brain, so thanks!!

Best regards!
I would guess actually the center one is the oldest. This is the one I have in the museum. But I can't swear as to which is the oldest. I am just going by the dial. I stand to be corrected.

I got this a few years back to amuse the kids that see the museum, and it certainly has!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

Terry

My mom likes them!!! I do too, though she buys them for me.

Ben

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: DavePEI on March 04, 2013, 08:13:59 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bones on March 04, 2013, 07:37:25 PM

Terry

Yes, Nick!

Is the center one, or the right one the eldest? I would guess RH side one. Just trying to develop some new wrinkles in the ol' brain, so thanks!!

Best regards!
I would guess actually the center one is the oldest. This is the one I have in the museum. But I can't swear as to which is the oldest. I am just going by the dial. I stand to be corrected.

I got this a few years back to amuse the kids that see the museum, and it certainly has!

Dave

Looking over this topic again, never saw that it got replied too. Actually none of them are the eldest, a one I restored is. Here is a link to my YouTube video: http://goo.gl/A3Xzg

Ben

southernphoneman

pictured below is not really a workshop but it is in my telephone room and is where all my refurbs and any other phone work takes place also in the closet is my phone parts box and the 3rd photo is some extra casings. the room is only a mess like this (1st photo) when a refurb is going on and in the 1st photo is the current refurb of my 302. ;)

WesternElectricBen

Do you realise something different between the first and second photo?

HarrySmith

A Bell System Do Not Disturb Sign??
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 15, 2013, 08:34:13 PM
A Bell System Do Not Disturb Sign??

Yea, it's a underground telephone cable sign actualy.

Doug Rose

On vacation what do you do? Janet says we clean your workshop! Fun  ;D  fun  :'( fun  :o. In all fairness. I could not move or find anything. Lot of swearing, little work done. Work space no bigger than a 302.  Six hours and I can find my stuff again. Threw out a lot of sh*t, but more will be coming back in. Take a look, its neat..................until tomorrow    ??? ....Doug
Kidphone

DavePEI

Quote from: Doug Rose on June 19, 2013, 03:12:23 PM
On vacation what do you do? Janet says we clean your workshop! Fun  ;D  fun  :'( fun  :o. In all fairness. I could not move or find anything. Lot of swearing, little work done. Work space no bigger than a 302.  Six hours and I can find my stuff again. Threw out a lot of sh*t, but more will be coming back in. Take a look, its neat..................until tomorrow    ??? ....Doug
Come One, Come All! To Doug's Show and Sale - so he can find room to set down his screwdriver! :)

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

Dug, you know those white shelfs with the racks. If you wanted to store more phones I would buy more shelfs and lower the existing shelfs then you don't have lots of extra air space where phones could be stored.

Ben

Babybearjs

John

Doug Rose

Kidphone

princessphone

Hi there,
Here's a picture of my workshop and assistant.
John

DavePEI

Now that looks like a great work Elvirament!
C*NET 1-651-0001

princessphone

Thanks Dave, Cassandra said hello.
Here's my "CO" and a close-up.
John