News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - WANTED - Key for Gamewell Police Master Box

Started by Russ Kirk, March 29, 2019, 04:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

Does anyone have an original key for the Gamewell Police Master box?

Can someone post a photo of the correct key?
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

MacGnG

not sure which one it is, there are a few on ebay. i just did a google search and im not sure which is the one you need:  https://www.google.com/search?q=gamewell+master+box+key&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch

RB

your prob gonna be lookin at something like these :)

Russ Kirk

That looks about right, do you know where I can get one?
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Russ Kirk on July 02, 2019, 06:45:41 PM
That looks about right, do you know where I can get one?
There are people who collect  Gamewell call boxes. I would think someone  is offering repro gamewell keys.
A lot of police and fire related collectors also buy them. You might search for a collectors group.
Just a guess,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Ktownphoneco

Russ, you best bet is Jim's suggestion.    I'm sure some of those collectors will probably have a spare key.     If you get stuck, I can make one for you, but I'm in Canada and it'd cost you the shipping here and back.     No charge for the key, as cost is minimal, but I would need the lock and the door plug that the key slides through to get to the lock
Below are 2 brass keys.     The top one is a factory key for traffic lite control boxes, and the bottom is one that I made for Western & Northern 325 & 525 outdoor call boxes.

Unlike the locks on coin vaults on payphones, the keys for call boxes aren't complicated.   Click / double click to enlarge the picture.

Jeff Lamb

HarrySmith

I am not sure if this is the correct key but I just found it on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264386180911

If it was cheaper I would buy it for my call box.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"