"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring Schematic for Integrated Hookswitch & Network for ATC Phones

Started by RotoTech99, January 27, 2021, 07:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

I have a schematic for rotary ATC sets that use the PC network with a hookswitch mounted on it I'd like feedback on please.

The network was used in a number of ATC sets varying only in its shape to fit the set it was used with; All have the same terminals and components, the only difference being one had 4 straps for rotary dial use, or used 2 straps for tone dial use.

I'm presently working on the schematic for the tone dial sets using this network.

The information came from actual set examples and wiring charts already posted on CRPF that i carefully researched and checked.

A ITT ringer was used and the dial varied, but was either an ATC tone pad or Tamara rotary dial.

BTW: I tried to post this in "wiring diagrams" but encountered a couple glitches, and it didn't post. If possible, can this be placed in that topic, possibly under the name American Telecommunications Corp./ ATC diagrams, please?

Any feedback and advice is welcomed with Thanks.
RotoTech99

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

Here are pictures of the Empress network with combined hookswitch discussed in my topic regarding the schematic attached to the topic.

The network shown is for a tone dial set using two jumpers; the rotary configured network is the same, except it uses four jumpers.

Feedback and comments welcomed with Thanks
RotoTech99

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

Attached is the schematic for the ATC combined hookswitch/network when used with the ATC tone dial.

All feedback advice and comments welcomed.

RotoTech99

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

Attached are two revised and cleaned up versions of the two wiring diagrams submitted earlier... As always, feedback appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks,
RotoTech99

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

Here are a couple photos of the set that I gathered information for this topic on.

RotoTech99

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

Here is a picture of the Standard Empress with the same network as the tone Empress, but with different jumper strap locations for rotary dialing.

RotoTech99

Babybearjs

wow! I'm surprised to see that... doesn't look like any WE network I've seen before.... very different layout... almost reminds me if the ITT networks that are in some of my phones.
John