Main Menu

How's your desk looks like?

Started by mienaichizu, February 08, 2009, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Here's mine with 3 of my vintage phones

Again, my cat loves to hang around on my desk

McHeath

You are good with a camera!  I really like the first picture, very atmospheric and intriguing.  Love that cats eyes, nice bright gold color.  Is the cat in the In file or Out file?  I'll try to take a picture of my desk when I get a moment.

In a side note on desks I really enjoyed as well the pictures Hobiesport put on of FDR and Trumans desks.  After Obama's second or third day in office they released a picture of him in Oval Office at the desk, but it was pretty bare, I'm guessing not moved into yet.  He was on a corded phone with a K series handset I noted, some sort of late model office phone setup, I did not recognize it. 

McHeath

Okay looks like I got around to it sooner than later.   :D

Here is my desk, the missus is off to the left and the front yard is out the window. 

Some of the misc debri:

A Burke Chair, which was the type used on the original Star Trek, birthday present from the missus.

Old 60's clock radio, RCA Victor.

Lava Lamp, blue/green.

Fossil fish from the Jurassic era, a fossil sharks tooth from Bakersfield CA I picked up as a kid, a "splat bullet" from the American Civil War- .58 cal and from the Battle of Fredericksburg, and two fragments of the flight deck of the USS Hornet.

Snap brim fedora from the 60's that I wear once in while, made of beaver felt.

Pictures of the missus, her high school grad pic, and the youngest boy. 

The cat is out in the backyard so was unavailable for her picture.   :D

mienaichizu

thanks Mc Heath

the cat is on the out file telling her, get out of my desk

I like you desk, very clean and neat, especially the chair

I have two more desk in my library, will post up some more pictures later

Dan/Panther

Here's my desk set up for ♥ ♥ ♥ Valentines day ♥ ♥ ♥.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

BDM

Quote from: Dan/Panther on February 08, 2009, 07:57:31 PM
Here's my desk set up for ♥ ♥ ♥ Valentines day ♥ ♥ ♥.

D/P

WHAT! :o No radios!!!!!!!!! ??? :-\
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan/Panther

Right behind the phones is a mint condition Philco vanity case.
D/P

BDM

No no no, not good enough! Turn in your antique radio collectors card please ;D BTW, I like that devil statue in the back. The head he's holding reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode with William Shatner.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Steve

mienaichizu, what is that old art deco phone on your desk? the one without a dial?
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Ellen

God-daughter's Christmas drawing, wall-hook made from a Christmas tree, junk-to-car basket, genealogy piles, spinning tops collection, knitting bags, rarely-used yoga mat, paper-guillotine, apple-bag full of Roomba parts, Park & Pollard's "Lay or Bust" 1921 almanac, my brother's lamp ca. 1970, 2 tiers of pigeonholes made by my Dad, let's not talk about the green cabinet and why the lawn chair is in my sewing room, why am I showing you this instead of dealing with it???

Dan/Panther

Quote from: BDM on February 08, 2009, 08:27:02 PM
No no no, not good enough! Turn in your antique radio collectors card please ;D BTW, I like that devil statue in the back. The head he's holding reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode with William Shatner.

That is an original from one of those fortune teller machine from the 50's.
About 5 years ago I sold that head on ebay, and only got a $5.00 bid. I hated to part with it for that amount. I relunctantly wrapped it up and sent it off. I had owned that head since I was a kid.
I was going through some boxes of old stuff I had not looked trough in years, and low and behold there was the head. I will never know how it got in that box. I only had one of those heads.

D/P

HobieSport

Here's a couple more presidential desks (with telephones) for you, Heath:

mienaichizu

Quote from: Steve on February 08, 2009, 08:34:07 PM
mienaichizu, what is that old art deco phone on your desk? the one without a dial?

I also don't know Steve, hehe, actually, I'm also asking the forum members about it
here's a link to its previous thread

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

McHeath

Ellen:  Love the lamp, and the green cabinet, but you have to have some old phones!  And a cat!

D/P: Who'd a known you were a Valentines Softy?  I like how you rotate your desk phones for the seasons, and that payphone, does that work?

Hobiesport:  Where do you get these pics?  So, it seems that Ike was the last president to use a single line phone, based on the Prez Desks you have had pics of.  Kennedy was certainly into Scrimshaws eh?

HobieSport

Heath;  I get my pics from the Google Life Photo Archives:
http://images.google.com/hosted/life
and Corbis:
http://pro.corbis.com/
I just use whatever search words I am interested in, such as "president desk" or "president telephone" or "marilyn monroe lingerie telephone". ;)

Here are a couple more shots of FDRs' desk.  Notice the small herd of donkey figurines.  And one pic for all the radio buffs here.  And lastly, JFK Jr. lording it over Dads' desk.  "Just don't push that big red button, little John-John!" ;)