News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vern Potter says Hi

Started by Phonesrfun, June 20, 2014, 01:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

I have been on vacation this week and passed through Salt Lake City, so I called and met up with Vern.  I have been there before, but needed to go back to see his fabulous collection.  He joked that I was drooling all over the floor.  I will post some pics.  My son came with me and took some pictures.  I will get them on my computer hopefully tomorrow.

He is still without a computer, but says he thinks he will get a tablet some day soon.
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

Bill, you have to confess. How many phones did you get from Vern?
Jorge

WesternElectricBen

Good to hear from Vern, I'm also wondering how many phones you got.

Ben

Phonesrfun

Quote from: JorgeAmely on June 20, 2014, 12:07:03 PM
Bill, you have to confess. How many phones did you get from Vern?

One, a grey 500, refurb mixed dates.  He has a lot to sell, but I am on kind of a self-imposed budget.  I could have spent a fortune.

I passed on an early nickel Kellogg Candlestick at an antique store that had a $225 price tag.  It's been a lean year as far as acquiring "new" pnones.  :)
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

Jorge

Phonesrfun

I'm traveling so it takes some time to get to a point to send pics.  Here are some from Vern's place.

Vern is in the grey shirt, and I am in the blue.
-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

Looks like fun, you even got to touch the "schmoo" phone, (or however it's spelled.)

Ben

Phonesrfun

Yes, the Schmoo.  I have more pics, but I can post more when I get home on Sunday.
-Bill G

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Doug Rose

Such a wonderful collection but it does hurt to see these great phones covered with years of dust and grime. The joy of collecting is finding a phone in this condition and bringing back to like new condition. It is not easy keeping a collection of any size shiny and displayable. This is not meant to be a criticism, but I know it probably sounds it. 

There was a collector in the ATCA, who's name escapes me, he had a sign  that stated "if the dust bothers you" and had a rag under it.

My Phone Room is my Pride and Joy and I work very hard to keep it presentable. Everyone does things differently. Just my humble opinion....Doug
Kidphone