"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What material is a good replacement for the mica strip terminal block in a 1212

Started by RotoTech99, November 06, 2015, 07:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Group:

I need some advice, please on a piece I want to replace in a SC 1212 Fatboy that I mentioned in a earlier post, and would be thankful for advice and suggestions..

In my earlier post about what I believe to be a mica strip in the rear base of a SC 1212 Fatboy that acts as a terminal block for the orange hookswitch wire from "F" terminal on the hookswitch assembly and the red ringer lead...

I also wanted to ask what is a satisfactory material to make a replacement block from that could be drilled to accept self tapping screws; the 2 existing ones that secure the old one, and one hole for a self tapping screw to act as the new terminal?

I have self tapping screws and bits with a drill to make the necessary holes, so that part should not be much trouble. I can use the old block as a template to mark where the holes should be.

All advice, suggestions and help are welcomed.

Thank you.

Jim Stettler

My choice would be an original block from a parts phone. It is a simple and proper fix. And in my experience with fabricating things It would be a lot faster, easier and cheaper.

JMO,
Jim S.

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

RotoTech99

Dear Jim:

Unfortunately, i don't have a spare terminal block from another SC 1212 base.

That is why i asked my question... I figured if I could find a more durable material of approximately the same dimensions (it could be a little bigger in width, but should be close to the same length.

My only other concern would be it holding self tapping screws solidly, and being capable of being shaped to fit the bracket where the original is lengthwise.

BTW: I tried to contact you by email with my address for the screen cloth, but  I don't know if you received my email with my address... Please contact me at eburnett99@yahoo.com and let me know if you received it.

Thank you

RotoTech99

I thought more of a thick plastic strip about the same width and length...that could br drilled to accept the necessary screws... If it was slightly wider that would be ok, and hold threads from self tap screws easier.

Ed Burnett