News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

going back to the bell system!

Started by Babybearjs, November 25, 2018, 04:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

;Dwell, after almost 2 years, I've decided to return to what's left of the bell system, Centurylink. in 2016 my roommate wanted me to changer over to Cableone because he had a bad experience with CenturyLink and wanted me to go to CableOne. I did. I was happy with the pricing, but not with the features. Centurylink has the "No Solicitation" announcement as a feature and Cableone didn't. As a result, I got inundated with robocalls from hell and it really got annoying! this last July, my roommate passed away of a stroke-heart attack, thus leaving me to fend for myself, again! anyway, my last cable bill rivaled CenturyLink's pricing so I'm switching back. Not to mention that a big reason it the equipment... I already have COE (DSL Modems) and Cableone wanted over $200.00 to purchase their cable modem. plus, on abandon calls, the modem won't reset, so my key equipment stays on hold. with Centurylink, I never had that problem, their system always reset on abandon calls. and of course, its because CenturyLink is Mountain Bell! and their CO's see my WE 1A1 system and they like each other! PLUS... They FINALLY upgraded the speed where I live, so now... I have 40MBPS instead of just 20! I'm going to see just how good the new service is... and hopefully... My existing equipment will be compatible! if not, well I can always purchase!
John

Pourme

Is there a additional charge for this "No Solicitation" announcement feature?
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Babybearjs

No, its part of the home package. I love it because it keeps those damned solicitors at bay!
John

Pourme

My Mother N Law has the same carrier on her phone line. She lives in my house. I tried to get this activated on her line today and was told I have to wait until business hours on Monday. This will save her a lot of issues. She tries to carry on a conversation with Robo Calls. (she's 88) She was a operator for 40 years.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Benny
Benny

Babybearjs

well, its in and up and running... 40MBPS service from Centurylink... gonna turn in the cable modem on Monday and say good-bye to Cableone for now... now that I'm back with them, I set up the voice mail and activated the no-solicitation option. now, with that done, the phone should stop ringing off the hook!
John

Pourme

I called to activate the no-solicitation option on our line and the rep told me it was 7.20 per month. I told him I have a 'friend' that has that option for free. He denied that was possible. I went on to shame him for trying to profit off the fact that it's customers are being initiated with robo calls. I added the fact that their competition (Magic jack) provides this for free. He activated some sort of internal filter of sorts that he said would filter out robo calls, for free. I would have preferred the  no-solicitation option as described on the web site, because I have a level of control with that option. Maybe it's regional pricing?
Benny

Babybearjs

I'm surprised to hear that. I guess its because I'm in Mountain Bell Territory (Centurylink) and that's the pricing for this area. also, be sure your phone service is set up in a Package deal.. (features, LD, Internet) so you can get the best price. $7.20/Mo is for independent features...
John