News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Visit From Jorge

Started by Dennis Markham, April 12, 2010, 09:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

I had the pleasure this weekend to finally meet Jorge Amely in person.  Jorge had a business trip to Montreal.  He made arrangements to make a stop in Detroit on his way home.  Jorge had about a 24 hour visit to the Great Lakes state.  It only took him about 20 minutes of that time to view my collection of telephones.  Jorge offered to put on an AE dial repair clinic for me.  We chose an AE80 that has been sitting on the shelf for quite a while with a dial that barely turned.  Of course when finished, the dial now works perfectly.  I took a couple of pictures (not enough) and I will post them here.

On the way back to Metropolitan airport we stopped at the Henry Ford Museum to kill a few hours.  In addition to all of the automobile related exhibits there was a very nice telephone exhibit too.  Also a display of items from the decade of the 40's had a nice model 302.

It was very nice to finally meet Jorge in person and nice of him to go the extra mile to make a stop here for a quick visit.  To those that also live in this area I apologize for not making an effort to get more people involved in the visit.  We did give one collector a call but were unable to coordinate a meet.

Thanks for the visit Jorge and the lesson on AE dial repair.  When it's time for me to try one on my own I may be sending you a box of parts to reassemble!

JorgeAmely

It was just a humble visit from the grasshopper.
Jorge

Phonesrfun

Excellent!

I also enjoy meeting other collectors.
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

Then you are next Bill.   ;D
Jorge

Phonesrfun

That would be great, but Walla Walla, Washington isn't exactly on the way to anywhere else in particular.  Kind of like "You can't get there from here."
-Bill G

LarryInMichigan

On your way to Dearborn, you passed right by my house, and I didn't even know.

Larry

Jester

Dennis & Jorge,

When you fellas pass through Texas, YOU GOTTA CALL ME!!  Singley or together--doesn't matter.
Stephen

Kenny C

or Tennessee drop me a line
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JorgeAmely

Stephen:

I will be cruising by Texas in August. Hope there is room for four.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

AE_Collector

Jorge & Bill: The Seattle Communications Museum is RIGHT on the way for both of you to SOMEWHERE. I'll meet you there as well.

Dennis:  Did Jorge give you an ETA to have that dial back together.....late fall or early next spring maybe?  And is that a Turquoise 80 or a FMN blue one that is discolored? The cords look FMN Blue.

After another look, it is just the set cord that is FMN Blue, everything else looks Turquoise. I can see if I have a spare set cord if you like.

And speaking of cords...if anyone needs new Styleline HANDSET cords to finish off a project, I have lots of them in lots of colors. These are the early type with the BIG plugs rather than Mod plugs. Many of them are extra long as well. I have the Stylelines to go with them as well if interested. Let me know what you are looking for.

Terry

stub

Hi Terry,
            How about some pictures of all those Automatic Electric  phones you have????? How about pics of that 34A3B ??  The only one I've seen is in catalog.
             Thanks again for your help in the past . Ken    

Dennis & Jorge , it's nice to have a face to your handles!! Always glad to see more AE stuff, and all the others also!!!  Drop in to see us in Tennessee some time.   
               Jorge   Did  you get that tube to work consistently for you???   
                                              Thanks  , Ken         stub1953
Kenneth Stubblefield

Dan/Panther

Dennis;

You will have to look long and hard to find a nicer man than Jorge Amely.
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Jorge, and I feel very fortunate that he lives close.
I have a sneaky suspicion that Jorge will be the first person to see the '500' in person.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AE_Collector

Quote from: stub1953 on April 13, 2010, 12:11:07 AM
Hi Terry,
            How about some pictures of all those Automatic Electric  phones you have????? How about pics of that 34A3B ??  The only one I've seen is in catalog.
             Thanks again for your help in the past . Ken         stub1953

Hi Ken:  I just put up a couple of pictures in the "Stand Alone Display Shelves" discussion:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2496.0

I haven't really seen anything on here about the AE Styleline so before too long I am going to start a dscussion with some pictures.

Terry

AET

Well if any of yas is ever in Wisconsin, I'd love to meet you, and I'd be happy to take you to Wisconsin's largest antique mall, which takes up the entirety of an old canning factory. 
- Tom

bwanna

great you guys had the opportunity to get together. sounds like you made good/fun use of your time. (btw, i wasn't doing anything over the week-end  :) )

tom, are you talking about the mall in columbus? i have been wanting to go there. one of these days we are going to take the ferry over from ludington, mi to manitowoc, wi. i'll be sure to get ahold of you when we do.
donna