"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Unknown Phone, seems not to be working

Started by mienaichizu, November 20, 2008, 01:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

Quote from: McHeath
...a little creepy that they are able to self-reproduce and have baby phones. 

Hmm.  Come to think of it, my phones also seem to be reproducing when un-observed, because every corner I look in there seems to be more phones.  Good thing they are all black and not in those really bright colors.  That could be distracting... ;)

mienaichizu

WOW! that's cool! i like the pink one

and who is our new member? I have not been online for a few days. Been busy for my sister's wedding

thanks for sharing this

McHeath

QuoteWOW! that's cool! i like the pink one

and who is our new member? I have not been online for a few days. Been busy for my sister's wedding

thanks for sharing this

Wondered where you had been, we were about to send D/P out on a search mission.   ;)

Greg G.

Quote from: mienaichizu on November 20, 2008, 08:07:35 PM
thanks bing,

this phone has quite a deco-ish styling

I was just thinking that too, I love the art-deco design!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: mienaichizu on November 21, 2008, 01:52:05 AM
Quote from: bingster on November 21, 2008, 01:32:01 AM
The handset is a little too rounded to be a Western Electric handset, but it is very close.  The more I look at that phone, the more I love it.  Even if it never works, I think it's just brilliant.

I'm in love with it to bing, the styling is just great, I'll post more pics of it

Where did you find it?  Personally, I wouldn't put a dial in it, it would ruin the art deco style.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

mienaichizu

Quote from: McHeath on March 28, 2009, 01:23:00 AM
QuoteWOW! that's cool! i like the pink one

thanks for sharing this

Wondered where you had been, we were about to send D/P out on a search mission.   ;)

I have been busy these past few days because of my sister's wedding and also for my upcoming architect's board exam, ahehehe

mienaichizu

Quote from: Brinybay on March 30, 2009, 02:11:50 AM
Quote from: mienaichizu on November 21, 2008, 01:52:05 AM
Quote from: bingster on November 21, 2008, 01:32:01 AM
The handset is a little too rounded to be a Western Electric handset, but it is very close.  The more I look at that phone, the more I love it.  Even if it never works, I think it's just brilliant.

I'm in love with it to bing, the styling is just great, I'll post more pics of it

Where did you find it?  Personally, I wouldn't put a dial in it, it would ruin the art deco style.

It was on display in one of the thrift shops I frequently visits. Last week I returned to that thrift shop and wholla, another denken phone showed up. It is a mint green with a dial dated 1963 also in bakelite but sorry to say, someone already made reservation for that phone. If I have been there early I would have 3 Denkens in my collecton

Greg G.

Quote from: mienaichizu on March 30, 2009, 09:39:30 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on March 30, 2009, 02:11:50 AM

It was on display in one of the thrift shops I frequently visits. Last week I returned to that thrift shop and wholla, another denken phone showed up. It is a mint green with a dial dated 1963 also in bakelite but sorry to say, someone already made reservation for that phone. If I have been there early I would have 3 Denkens in my collecton

It pays to thrift crawl at times.  I do that a lot in my spare time, and Craigslist.  Most of the time it's a bust, but I always like the adventure of it.  Why would a Taiwanese phone have a German name on it?
- Mike Row
e

mienaichizu

I wonder, is it really Taiwanese, German or Japanese???
I found this link on Brinybay's other post regarding his NEC phone

http://www.naonao.jp/tel_eng/html/tel/index.htm

Greg G.

Quote from: mienaichizu on April 01, 2009, 11:08:48 PM
I wonder, is it really Taiwanese, German or Japanese???
I found this link on Brinybay's other post regarding his NEC phone

http://www.naonao.jp/tel_eng/html/tel/index.htm

You mean the NEC Type 4?

- Mike Row
e

mienaichizu

Greg G.

Quote from: mienaichizu on April 02, 2009, 09:19:51 AM
yes that one, what do you think??

I looked carefully at the pics and it sure looks like one.
- Mike Row
e