News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Elt st_888 problems

Started by Partyline4, December 21, 2014, 06:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partyline4

I've got this payphone and it worked when I first plugged it in. The LCD screen came up and everything was great!

But now, for some odd reason, nothing happens when i lift off the hook. There is a faint dialtone, but i can't press any buttons and the screen is blank.

There isn't too much online about this phone.....but i really hope someone has some advice.

I've had the phone all apart, but nothing looks suspicious....

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...

Greg G.

I have one just like it, but I've never had any problems with it.  Have you tried a  different jack?  Also try another phone in the same jack and see if the dial tone is faint on it too.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Partyline4

Well....

I tired every jack in the house to no avail...

I thought it was the switchhook.
but I can't tell really.

There seems to be NO information about this phone ANYWHERE.

I even called gtel and the guy said there's nothing about it........

Oh well......

It happens that way sometimes.

Greg G.

Quote from: Partyline4 on December 24, 2014, 10:55:01 AM

There seems to be NO information about this phone ANYWHERE.

I even called gtel and the guy said there's nothing about it........

I contacted G-Tel via their website regarding getting a manual or any other documents for it, they told me the same thing, to bad, so sad.  I do have a text manual for it that somebody posted here, but for some reason I can't get it to reset the password to factory default so I could reprogram it, even though I followed the instructions to a tee.  I'll try to attach the MS Word version of it.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12077.msg128034#msg128034
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e