News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Candlestick near me.

Started by Greg G., February 13, 2011, 05:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

QuoteAntique Rotary Phone (South Everett)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-02-10, 1:40PM PST

Antique Rotary Phone

With Separate Ear Piece

Make your best offer, best offer takes it! Please don't email back with what price we are asking for it, just make us an offer of what you want to pay for it and if your's is the best, you get it! Please include your phone number as well!

I would have to take a closer look of course, but it's not far from me.  I'm not real sure what to look for on a candlestick.  I do remember hearing something about a riveted vs glued on name plate, but it's not visible in the pics.  At least it doesn't have a coiled receiver cord!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HarrySmith

You can find some great info about fake candlesticks here: http://www.oldphoneman.com/Fakes.htm
It has an AE dialcard so the info on WE candlesticks may not help, it may be an AE stick. Maybe ask for a picture of the back and the bottom to help identify it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Greg G.

The dial card itself doesn't really mean much, but I remember something about the finger stop position to tell if it's an AE or WE dial.  It doesn't have the "Z" operator on it.  If the dial is out of sync with the era of the phone, that would detract from the value, even if it does function.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Kenny C

It is defiantly a WE dial. The finger stop on a WE dial is at the 3 o'clock position while the AE dial's finger stop is at the 5 o'clock position.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

rdelius

I believe it is an AE type 21 stick with a WE dial
Robby

Sargeguy

The AE card and 164A dial plate are red flags.  What other compromises have been made?  Repaint, repro parts, #6 dial are all possibilities.  I would ask for better photos, especially of the side of the dial.  Ask what the number stamped on the perch is and the number on the plate on the transmitter.  Ask about the engraving on the cup, if any.  What does the base look like?  Transmitter looks ok.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409