News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

bit of GPO tester kit in a nice wooden box (159A)

Started by gpo706, February 12, 2011, 04:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

I have no idea what it was meant to do, but liked the knobs and switches, anybody know what it's for? LOL

More clutter to accommodate!

"This is a vintage g p o tester No 159 A (mark J ) rp/rpw 6189,it comes in a very nice wooden box and leather carrying handle.it has bakelite knobs and switches and a milliamperes niddle gauge,it is in very good condition, all the catches are working and resting stoppers are as new,all in all its a very good peice.,,,, it is 14 cms in height and 26 cms wide"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180620624630&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
DEAD LINK

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

bingster

I don't know what it's for, but I suffer from "knob and switch disease" too.  S'why I bought this:
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

That's a cool looking machine, Bingster.  Are those green-eye tubes, similar to what's in my 1940 Zenith?

bingster

Yep, they're probably the exact same type eye tubes (6E5/6U5).

GPO, I wonder if you have some sort of tone generator?
= DARRIN =

Adam

I think Bingster's unit is an RF Radio Frequency Generator, used to test and align radio and television set reception.

And, yeah, I agree with Bingster, GPO's unit looks like a telephone line transmission tester, which would in part generate tones of different frequencies.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

gpo706

Wow thats some bit of kit Bingster!

Thanks to everyone that replied in thinking its a tone generator, I'll let you know when it turns up.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"