News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Orange 302

Started by Doug Rose, August 30, 2018, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

Doug - I was curious and did some online research re: Howard Johnson.....  Started in 1925 in MA, and had 107 East coast locations by 1939 per Wikipedia.  Your orange 302 is certainly period correct.....  You probably already knew that......   :D
Paul

Doug Rose

Thanks Paul....just a Fun Phone....not real....but could of been!

Rumors that WE made 500 sets in orange for HoJos. I have never seen one, only the SC and ITT models. But the rumor persists.

Anyone have one?...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on August 31, 2018, 11:48:31 AM
Doug   ....   Here are a couple of pictures of a Western 1940, 302 I sold several years ago, and which I painted W.E. / N.E. color code red-53, and installed a nickel plated finger wheel and number card retainer.     The dial and finger wheel looked pretty sharp with that combination.        Your "orange" set isn't that far off my set insofar as color goes.      Jut a thought, and another possible option to consider.  Double click to enlarge.

Jeff
I went to add the Nickel finger wheel and retainer ring as Jeff suggested.

I had a Brass retainer ring before I damaged the paint on the dial blank. I had a nickel if I had wanted to use one. I realized I like the orange paint with the brass accents, especially with the orange HoJo dial card.

For now, this is how it will stay....Doug
Kidphone

dc4code

I don't know why but that phone looks yummy.

Doug Rose

Dylan....reminds me of orange sherbet ...Doug
Kidphone

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Russ....I can't take mauch credit....the Phone was painted by member Persidio....Scot has not been active for awhile now. Dial card was a matchbook sent to me by Nick. I just added a dial.

There is something about it though....thanks for everyone's help in creating this interesting "Could of Been Phone"..Doug
Kidphone