News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Crosley Radios

Started by LarryInMichigan, July 17, 2014, 07:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

Yesterday, I picked up a little Crosley 11-114U 1951 model radio for $35 at a small antiques shop.  It has a 2" long crack on one side but it works well.  Here is a picture of it sitting on the shoulders of its older brother, a 1950 model 10-140.

Larry

TelePlay

Larry,

Did you add the lamp or did it come that way?  ;)

WesternElectricBen

Those are pretty cool..

Ben

tallguy58

I have a Crosley. They're really automotive looking.

Cheers........Bill

WesternElectricBen

They do look very automotive alike this 50' Olds. The ironic thing is, the radio is the part that is not 'automotive looking.'

Ben

LarryInMichigan

The Crosley radios which resemble automobile dashboards are called "dashboard radios" by collectors.  They are just too classic to live without.

Larry

jsowers

While all Oldsmobile dashboards are my favorites (my first car was a 1969 Olds Delta 88), to me the Crosleys most look like early 50s Pontiac dashboards. My favorite Olds dashboard was the one in my Uncle Don's two-tone green 1956 Olds Super 88 Holiday Sedan. All chrome and ovals. Second favorite was my grandmother's 1962 Buick Special with the clock that stuck up from the center.

Below is the dash from a 1952 Pontiac Chieftain. The big circular speaker with the clock in the middle is a great design.
Jonathan

WesternElectricBen