News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A new member

Started by David00, June 03, 2023, 03:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David00

Hi, i'm David and i'm 23 years old. I just stumbled upon this forum and gave it a shot. I'm a collector of all things made in the 1980's. My love for old phones is one of them. I come from the Netherlands.

For nearly two years now, i have a T65 SE5 (made by Ericsson and PTT) system installed. It works with a central unit on which a lamp, an external ringer and 5 phones can be attached. It is actually just a modified T65 deluxe ivory. The phones uses buzzere for internal communication as there is no place for old fashioned bells. When i get called an external bell mounted in my hallway will ring and the red LED's will blink. My system is from 1984. I don't like converters, so i used a Grandstream ATA which understands pulse dialing.

I mounted the unit in a hurry 2 years ago in my attic. Multiple lines are going from there. I'm planning on mounting the unit on the wall, and putting the cables in decent tubes.

dsk

Welcome to the forum!

We need European members, and I am happy to see you here.

Best wishes from Norway

dsk

countryman

Welcome indeed! That is a very interesting setup what you have there!

Kellogg Kitt

Quote from: David00 on June 03, 2023, 03:41:59 PMcollector of all things made in the 1980's

Welcome to the forum.  That sounds like a fun an interesting hobby.  The 1980s is my favorite decade!

Wade

19and41

Welcome!  Good looking system.  These are more fun than collectibles that just sit to be looked at.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Stormcrash

Welcome! So awesome you have the full system

HarrySmith

Welcome! You have found the best forum on the net. A bunch of experience & knowledge here with people who love to help. I usually warn new members about Phoneitis but it appears you are already in full blown addiction. Enjoy the ride ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

David00

Quote from: Stormcrash on June 08, 2023, 01:00:23 AMWelcome! So awesome you have the full system
I spent half a year finding it, it is rather rare.

The central units are mostly 'forgotten' about. Many people leave them hanging in their basement or another place because they do not know what it serves.

David00

Quote from: 19and41 on June 07, 2023, 06:35:24 PMWelcome!  Good looking system.  These are more fun than collectibles that just sit to be looked at.
I actually use them for the purpose they were made for. I don't collect phones and then just leave them on a shelf.

MMikeJBenN27

Welcome to the club!  We need young folks!

Mike