News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"Shout out" for Steve Hilsz

Started by savageje, February 12, 2010, 01:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savageje

I was looking for some parts for a Princess that I am working on, and made my first contact with Steve Hilsz of VTS Industrial.  He seems like a great guy and took the extra time to share some repair advice with me.  I've seen others here on the forum who had positive things to say and just wanted to add my two cents.  I'd recommend him as a resource for anyone who is new to this hobby and needs some parts or an expert repair.

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

teka-bb

=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

foots

He's a nice guy, good person to do business with.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

ntophones

Steve's a really great guy to work with. Not only is he fast, honest and does excellent work, he is very knowledgeable and willing to share his knowledge. I've had him work on some dials for me, as well as purchased parts from him. He was able to answer many questions and was quick to reply....just great.
--nto

Craig T

I agree, just bought some parts from him last month. He treated a new guy like he was one of the boys. His prices were excellent too.  I will go back for all of my parts.

Doug Rose

I have known Steve for years through the Clubs and I have purchased a lot of things from him. Always the highest quality at the lowest prices, not to mention, he is a great guy. There is not a dial he cannot fix for just a tad higher than free. He is one of the best in our hobby....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Agreed, Doug.  I can't stress enough how much Steve has helped me out.  Always patient.  I had a dial issue once and he diagnosed the problem via e-mail, writing an entire document of how the contacts work and in what order.  The problem I had was simply a bent contact that was making contact before it should have been.  Not only did he help me but I learned a great deal from that experience.  And when you order something from Steve you can practically get up from your computer chair and walk to the front porch and the box will be there!

Dan

I sent him the second phone I have ever had--an AE40 with a stuck dial. Not only was the dial perfect, but @ that time I didn't know how to pack phones and it was damaged in shipping.   He sent me a replacement housing for it, along with the original  broken one for $15 extra!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Vern P

Yes I too have known Steve for many years. For the last 10 years or so, on my winter "road trip" I have been going to his place to dig around. Along with many other places too. 

He knows his stuff and is very willing to share it. His "warehouse" is alwas a changeing invtory. You neve know what you will find.

In Jan. of '09, I drove down to Steve's place. He hope in the car and we took off for a week traveling thur Cal.  The main goal of the trip was for me to vist the JKL telephone museum and the Roseville telephone museum. Steve has done work on both of these museums in the past, also found stuff for them

Steve know's his way around Cal. and other collector. So we were able to visit with 4 other collectors, plus we hit evey antique shop we could find.   

We had a very enjoyable time together. After I "set him free" I was on the road for another 17 day's.

Vern P