News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vendor experience: Centurylink Telecom

Started by Babybearjs, February 07, 2014, 10:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

>:( this makes me mad.... I thought the phone company still believed in the "spirit of Service", that is Customer Service... both in the field and in the office! My friend, Carl just changed his service from Cable One Back to Centurylink telecom because Cable One kept changing their prices.... anyway, yesterday he had his phone connected.... the field tech came out to verify the phone line and used his Ohm meter, or whatever the newest gadget is they use now to check the lines... I was asked by carl to explain to the tech the original wiring of the house... the problem was... the house was built in 1946 and the original demarcation point was in the basement. (we didn't know this until after the tech left) anyway, the tech found the original wire pair and then explained to me how to wire the phone lines, and then left..... I though we had a dial tone...he never used is butt unit to check the line and was on location less the 15 minutes... anyway, when I went to connect the phone jacks up, we had NO DIAL TONE! On Man, what did this guy just do?? He didn't even check the line on the pole.....(The house Has Overhead Drop).... so I called the office, and they proceeded to explain that we had to wait until after 5PM to call in to get line repair... the work order had to complete.... so, when Carl got home he called Centurylink.... he was on the phone for over 45 Minutes and got shuffled around to about 6 different people and had to call back 3 different times to finally get a supervisor to get another tech to come out today between 8:30 and 12PM to fix the line. the next tech came out... He actually used his Butt set to check the line and then went outside and climbed the pole to fix the problem.... it was finally found to be on their equipment and the 2nd tech finally get a dialtone to our location so we could get the phone and DSL working.... The 2nd Tech Actually DID HIS JOB!  :o so whats up this this customer service deal.... why did centurylink fail to expidite carls reqest for service and whats up with some of these field techs that just fake there way through a phone installation?? who else has had this happen to them?? I personally have not experienced this problem until yesterday and was surprised at the service quality.... The 2nd tech actually did his job.... the office and first field tech failed though..... aren't all field techs suppose the always check the line on the poles or in the monuments when they cant get a dialtone in the house....  what do you think??
John

Greg G.

Read "The Rape of Ma Bell" and you'll understand what happened to customer service.  Gone is service and quality before the bottom line, gone is end-to-end responsibility, gone are secure family-wage jobs, gone is the best telephone system in the world.  Replaced with a hodge-podge system run by pirates who don't care about anything other than lining their own pockets.  Their responsibility now ends where your house begins, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get a bill if they did anything inside the house.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Contempra

From what I read Babybearjs, where i'm from, Québec/Canada, the phone companies are not better . Bell Canada for exemple !.to name it..

twocvbloke

A lot of companies are like that today, so long as they're a big corporation, then they couldn't give a monkeys about one or two end users who aren't happy, so long as they're making a profit, anything goes, including good customer service... :-\

Contempra

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 09, 2014, 01:02:59 AM
A lot of companies are like that today, so long as they're a big corporation, then they couldn't give a monkeys about one or two end users who aren't happy, so long as they're making a profit, anything goes, including good customer service... :-\

yes exact...even my provider. they prefer a Customer with 3 services instead of 1 or 2 service(s)...

dsk

:) Here they have outsourced this service, the lower price the better. You may just guess how that may turn out.
The last of the 2 times I have had trouble we got a man who really did what hi should, maybe because we had discussed whats wrong in this forum so I mailed them so many measurements and data so the did not dare to send a cook or footballplayer or whatever their background may be. ;)

>:( The first time here someone dug up a cable, and some 50-100 houses lost their connection. The y used more one full week to fix it!  They lost may customers! Some neighbours skipped POTS and moved their cellphones to another company. :-\

Even in the old days they might be a little less caring.  :o In the eighties I suddenly got simplex communication, I could hear the other end, but they could not hear me.  Since I had the basement full of phones, I could test, and for sure say my phone is working, I'm actually calling from my neighbour, using my own phone just to test.  The just ran a test from some remote testboard, and claimed nothing wrong, case closed!  Still simplex!
What should young me do? OK if they claims nothing wrong, we have to fix that. What about mains on line?  It went totally dead :-X ;D The day after everything was back to normal, so I guess at least at that time, nothing was wrong. :)

dsk

Contempra

Okay yes DSK... but My provider doesn't serve us with anything else that a cable.. check VIDEOTRON on the internet and you'll know :)

dsk

:o I guess my English are to bad again  ;D

The service to ~$10/month: Unbeatable value and all the features you need  I guess that should include a working service?

on the other hand

The service to ~$20/month  They reduce to only the most popular features:  All the services of the Residential Line and the most popular features.   ;D

So I guess you pay a lot, and that's the reason why you get nothing. ;D

Well, I could not resist to read it my way.   Anyway it should not be good for business to treat the customers that way, and you should tell the right persons just that.  You may even sell out the idea of an unhappy you are worse for business independent of being a customer or not. 

dsk

Contempra

dsk I talked about bell canada who doesn't give a good sevice but i've never said that VIDEOTRON does the samething :D don't worry your English is better than me hey !!,,, i speak french and a little bit haitian creole.. hahahaha