News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 1950 Blue 302 with Blue F1 handset sold in 5 hours

Started by TelePlay, March 31, 2017, 03:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

In case you missed it, this phone was listed in a 7 day auction with no reserve starting at $560 with a BIN of $800. Sold in just a bit over 5 hours. Seems to be a mid 1950 blue 302 in very good condition. Seems to be date matching but the hand set cord was junk. The lucky buyer was e***r ( 3565 ).

Did the seller leave some money on the table with that BIN?

-----------------------------

EDIT: Forgotten Link Added -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/222455044504

mentalstampede

Beautiful phone, but the price is what the price is.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

Thanks David.....I think the seller should be happy.  More if it had gone to the end?  My guess it would have gone around $1500. Elements date 5 50 and 6 50, I would have liked to see pics of the inside, but an early blue. Looks like a blue line cord that I would cobble to a handset cord.  Really nice blue 302. For an allegedly "rare" set one seems to come around every month or so.....Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

Note the SIP sticker ("Sold in Place"). It was sold by Bell of Pa. on 2-1-83 to the customer who had been leasing it. The cost was probably about $19. Phones that were sold in place after 1-1-84 have the AT&T SIP sticker, because as of that date, ownership of any remaining leased sets was transferred from the Bell companies to AT&T.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Russ Kirk

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 31, 2017, 08:54:49 PM
Thanks David.....I think the seller should be happy.  More if it had gone to the end?  My guess it would have gone around $1500. Elements date 5 50 and 6 50, I would have liked to see pics of the inside, but an early blue. Looks like a blue line cord that I would cobble to a handset cord.  Really nice blue 302. For an allegedly "rare" set one seems to come around every month or so.....Doug

There was a 302 for sale at the Southern California phone show.  The seller wanted $2000, but the finish was very tired.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Quote from: poplar1 on March 31, 2017, 09:53:11 PM
Note the SIP sticker ("Sold in Place"). It was sold by Bell of Pa. on 2-1-83 to the customer who had been leasing it. The cost was probably about $19. Phones that were sold in place after 1-1-84 have the AT&T SIP sticker, because as of that date, ownership of any remaining leased sets was transferred from the Bell companies to AT&T.
I never knew that....thanks David....Doug
Kidphone