News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - WANTED -- 6040 frame sought

Started by Babybearjs, May 14, 2019, 09:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well guys, as my remodel continues I find myself wanting some new parts. does anyone have any 6040 adjunct key set bases? I have the 636 and some 589 keys to go in them... I'm looking for just the base unit with the cover (empty) I'm looking for the newer units with the square key holes and not the round key holes. I have some old 6028DA units but they have been giving me some trouble as they are quite susceptible to corrosion and are a bug to have to clean. I'd like to get something newer as the 6040 units are more user friendly when it comes to servicing them! if anyone can help, PM me as I am looking! 
John

poplar1

If you want square keys, then look for a Northern. WE made them only with round keys.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

Oh Really? that good to know! I found one on Ebay and grabbed it... only $20 so it was worth it. basically just looking for the chassis, but found this, so its a start. am still looking for some more though! so.... if anyone has any 6040 Chassis they don't want, I'm looking! BTW, I got this from a seller in NY, "Toober"... is his handle, and he sells radio tubes and related items. so, if anyone knows him.... or, if you are looking for radio tubes....
John

Key2871

You should keep it in mind that these are not moisture proof.
I knew a guy once who wanted to use on on his porch, and humidity got to it and ruined it. So if you're planning on using it outdoors that could pose a problem.
And this same guy hard wired it using 25 pair cable, time consuming but it did work.
KEN

Babybearjs

it will be in a protected area, so it won't get wet.
John