News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Fourth of July!

Started by Dennis Markham, July 04, 2009, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Happy fourth, the cold front in MN has passed for the most part and it should be 80° today.

Ben

Mr. Bones

I hope all of you have a safe and enjoyable Independence Day!

Planning to get the smoker fired up, later in the day, and do that voodoo that I do so well! (according to everybody else, at least; I'm always striving for improvement.) ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

JorgeAmely

I know, shameless re-post.
Jorge

Mr. Bones

Thanks for the 'shameless re-post', Jorge!

A strong dose of humility is always good for my soul! ;)

Maybe, to change it up for next year, I could request that you arrange them in sequence "Red, White, and Blue"?? As a personal favor?

Quite easily, some of the most gorgeous phone restorations on the planet, my admiration knows no bounds! Keep up the incredible work, and go safely...

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

poplar1

Deco-Tel Stars and Stripes Candlestick and Western Electric D-180574 Bicentennial CS set:
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

paul-f

More Red, White & Blue...
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

JorgeAmely

Paul, you really went to town on this thread. Love your 4th of July collection.
Jorge

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Mr. Bones on July 04, 2014, 06:37:37 PM
Thanks for the 'shameless re-post', Jorge!

A strong dose of humility is always good for my soul! ;)

Maybe, to change it up for next year, I could request that you arrange them in sequence "Red, White, and Blue"?? As a personal favor?

Quite easily, some of the most gorgeous phone restorations on the planet, my admiration knows no bounds! Keep up the incredible work, and go safely...

Best regards!

Not a problem. Your wish will be granted.
Jorge

tallguy58

Happy 4th from the Great White North.
Cheers........Bill

TelePlay

Tonight!

Jim Stettler

Just wishing everyone a happy and safe 4th of July.

I will celebrate by  practicing "Civil Disobedience " . I will be   sneaking into my local  regional park to catch the fireworks show.
This is the first year  they started closing "Palmer Park"*  in Colorado Springs @ 9:00 vs the typical 11 PM  summer park closing.
It takes me around 15 minutes to walk/hike  to the main overlook, I expect to see quite a few of my neighbors there as well.

Happy Holiday,
Jim S.

*This is a 750 acre park in the middle of town. I live 1 block away and about 1/2 mile from the access, my neighborhood is an urban interface area, (High wildfire risk and lots of animals wandering the neighborhood).

(Earlier today I noticed that they didn't open the vehicle access to the  main overlook today).
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

19and41

Have a happy and safe 4th!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: 19and41 on July 04, 2015, 06:52:25 PM
Have a happy and safe 4th!
Well, I almost didn't have a safe 4th!

My family was lighting off fireworks tonight, and one rocket was strapped to a sparkler sitting in a ceramic vase. Long story short, we ended up watching a huge fireworks explosion on the ground instead of in the sky, with ceramic shrapnel flying everywhere! Fortunately, no one was hurt, but we learned that we should never use a sparkler as a rocket launch stick ever again! :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

19and41

It seems like each year, each site I belong to has someone have something happen they learn from.  I not seen any of them come for a return engagement, so they must have learned well.  Thanks for sharing.  These are good lessons.  As I write this, I can hear an idiot using their firearm as a firework.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

compubit

Quote from: 19and41 on July 05, 2015, 01:15:56 AM
  These are good lessons.  As I write this, I can hear an idiot using their firearm as a firework.

And especially if they shoot up, the laws of physics mean that the velocity as it approaches the ground is nearly the same as it was coming out of the gun...  Which often means an innocent bystander somewhere could be in the "line of fire" and not even know it...

Everyone have a safe rest of the weekend, especially the folks having to get on the road and drive!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!