News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Polly Bergen & A Mushroom

Started by HarrySmith, January 24, 2018, 05:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Browsing eBay (again) I stumbled on this auction that includes a record album. It is titled "All Alone By The Telephone" by Polly Bergen. It features a picture of Polly on the cover with a WE Mushroom phone. The seller has included it with a plain old beige 500. Looks like he thinks the phone on the album is the same as his! He also states it is from 1959 and it is modular.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232642094618
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Partyline4

Cute. That's be a great idea to sell the REAL phone with that record!

AL_as_needed

The intentions were there, but also looks like the handset and the phone are from two separate places based on the fading /color difference.
TWinbrook7

WEBellSystemChristian

I have an even better idea for an historic recreation!

Let's dress up a guy in lipstick and a curly red wig, a pink fur, and have him crouch next to the phone!

Everyone will think he raised Polly Bergen from the dead as well!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dennis Markham

The album has been mentioned here in the past:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12427.msg130978#msg130978

I bought one of those albums to accompany my light beige 500 U.  I have yet to hang it near the phone.  It's a good marketing idea.

~Dennis

RotarDad

Of course, if we were naming the album, we would have called it "In my room, with my 'shroom", and no phone collector would mind being all alone in that situation - ask Doug R..... ;)
Paul

AL_as_needed

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on January 27, 2018, 11:24:22 AM
I have an even better idea for an historic recreation!
Let's dress up a guy in lipstick and a curly red wig, a pink fur, and have him crouch next to the phone!
Everyone will think he raised Polly Bergen from the dead as well!

Quote from: RotarDad on January 27, 2018, 02:24:14 PM
Of course, if we were naming the album, we would have called it "In my room, with my 'shroom", and no phone collector would mind being all alone in that situation - ask Doug R..... ;)

Come on now, this is a family friendly establishment.  ;D
TWinbrook7

Dan/Panther

That sure rings the old bell with me. Back when I first became interested in phones, I didn't realize the 500 and AE were not the same phone.

They aren't are they ? :o

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson