News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Northwest Regional Show - 2012, June 16

Started by Greg G., April 06, 2012, 01:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Bill is still arranging the venue and time, probably around June.  After the show, we usually take a tour of the Museum of Communications in Seattle.  That's where the WE 500-49'r is.  What I would like to do this time around, (with their permission) is put a line cord on it and check it out.  I would like to document it with either some vids and/or still pics and submit a follow-up article to the TCI newsletter.  It would be nice to have someone along who's more tech-savvy than I to test it.  There's a switch on it that is a mystery as to its function.  If possible, I would like to find a more period-correct handset cord (it has a coiled cord) and a decent line cord.  I have a few "junker" line cords that will work for the purpose of testing, but they are the icky flat silver-satin line cords, not worthy of permanent installation on a 49'r.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2689.0
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

For the first time in three years, I think I will be able to attend the show this year. And I always look forward to a trip to the museum that days as well.

They are VERY accomodating there at the museum and can not imagine that they won't let you play with the 49'er again this year. Is it quite difficult to find a straight balck handset cord for it? A new cord and if someone can bring some Novus would leave it in better condition than it was "found" in.

Terry

paul-f

Great news Greg!  Hopefully you can answer some of the open questions from the first article!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Phonesrfun

Saturday, June 16th 9:00 am until 2:00pm  More details to follow.  I have sent in the money to reserve the hall, and I am waiting to get that finalized.  All things falling into place, it will be at the Phinney Community Center in Seattle.

-Bill Geurts
Show host
-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: Phonesrfun on April 17, 2012, 01:19:13 AM
Saturday, June 16th 9:00 am until 2:00pm  More details to follow.  I have sent in the money to reserve the hall, and I am waiting to get that finalized.  All things falling into place, it will be at the Phinney Community Center in Seattle.

-Bill Geurts
Show host

Awesome!  Thanks Bill!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

I can make it this year AND will be travelling with at least one other Vancouver area collector. Thanks for all the work Bill!

Terry

Phonesrfun

Thank you Terry and Greg, I appreciate that.

-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Here is the official announcement for the Seattle Show on June 16th.

-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Coming June 16th in Seattle, Washington.

I am really looking forward to our annual phone show and sale.  For all you that are in the area, please put this on your calendar and try to make it to the show.

Afterwards, we will once again be able to visit the Seattle Telecommunications museum, and have our own tour.

-Bill G

Phonesrfun

For all of you nut-jobs out there that have all these un-finished phone projects, here is another chance to buy more phones or to find a rare part that you just know will go into something some day....

Not only that, but a chance to get together once more and enjoy the company of other phone aficianados and to tour the Seattle Telecommunications Museum afterwards.

Where - Seattle
When - This Saturday 9:30 to 2:30

See the two pdf files attached for the announcement and directions.

Hope to see you there,

Bill Geurts
Seattle Show Host

-Bill G

Greg G.

I plan on attending, although I won't have a table.  I also plan to go to the phone museum and bring a line cord to attach to the 49'r to see if we can figure out what that switch actually does, if anything (provided the museum staff will let us).
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

My wife and I are going and local Vancouver phone collector Grant Munro is coming with us as well. Another local Vancouver collector Wayne Sugdon will be attending and he is doing a display.

Who else is going?

Terry

stub

WISHING  :'(    Everybody take plenty of pictures for those not able to be there!!! ;D  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Gilas

Figures less then an hour away and I won't be able to head up that day.  Have a great time to all going

AE_Collector