"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Northwest Regional Show - 2012, June 16

Started by Greg G., April 06, 2012, 01:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Great Show Bill!

Thanks for all the work you do to put this show on so us in the Pacific Northwest have a local show to attend once a year. I know that you had other helpers including your wife and Brinybay and likely others as well. It was nice to meet a couple of fellow CRPF'ers for the first time today as well. I hauled more loot home from this show than I did from my two previous Seatlle Area shows combined. I am already looking forward to next years show.

As always the trip to the Seattle Communications Museum after the show was very enjoyable so thanks the the volunteers who go out of their way to open up on a Saturday just for us!

Anyy report on the 1949 500 experiment? If you got that one going, next year maybe you can try to get the "melted 1955 500" to work again! (Not likely...I should have taken a picture to post here...)

Terry

Phonesrfun

Thank you all who came!

We had great representation at the show from those of you on this forum who are in the Oregon, Washington and British Columbia area!

I am really pleased.

A special thanks to Greg and his future wife (Brinybay).  They made up some very professional and nice signs for the outside.  I really liked those signs.  Greg did a lot of other things to help organize the show.  One of which was to actually go and do a physical visit of the new facility to make sure it would work for us.

Here is a link to a slide show from photos my wife and I took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/williamgeurts/sets/72157630163444306/show/

PS:

We had a visitor at the show who is the one I earlier posted about who wants to get an idea of the value of two (red and green) Western Electric GN4676's  I will do a separate posting on those, but there is a photo of those phones at the beginning of the slide show.

Thanks again, everyone.
-Bill G

bushman

I just wanted to say Thanks Also.  It was the first one I have been able to attend. It was fun putting faces to people that I have talked to. And met some new people too. Even the wife and daughter had fun.

Bushman

Dennis Markham

Very nice photos, Bill.  It looks like your show was a success.  It would be nice to have some names to go along with some of the faces.  I would love to get out there for one of your shows.  Maybe next year...or the next year......

AE_Collector

Dennis:

There are comments complete with names on each picture but I didn't find them until I stopped the slide show and went to the page of thumb nails. Then again, I don't want you to find my picture because I am still trying to decide if I was yawning or yelling "I'll take that one too!" It had already been a long day by then and it was far from over.....

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_collector on June 18, 2012, 08:56:32 PM
Dennis:

There are comments complete with names on each picture but I didn't find them until I stopped the slide show and went to the page of thumb nails. Then again, I don't want you to find my picture because I am still trying to decide if I was yawning or yelling "I'll take that one too!" It had already been a long day by then and it was far from over.....

Terry
I saw it! :o

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Phonesrfun

I am frustrated with Flickr.  On one of my computers the descriptions come up on the slide show and on my other one it doesn't.

I am also frustrated with Flickr, because it does not seem to be very intuitive as to uploading and piecing together a presentation.

-Bill G

AE_Collector

I have only ever used PhotoBucket and I find it frustrating as well. I guess you (and I) get what we pay for.....

Terry

AE_Collector

Dennis Markham

Thanks, Terry.  I finally figured out to click on "show info" on the upper right corner of the page.  That gave me the information about each frame.

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_collector on June 18, 2012, 10:13:34 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on June 18, 2012, 09:20:28 PM
:o

THAT'S IT!

Yep. I got a kick out of it when I was chosing a suitable smiley and saw that one!

BTW, O.T., but I finally found a Lorain F1 dial tone generator for the new demo. Been a long search for that!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001