News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

GE Clocks in Telephone Colors

Started by JimH, December 06, 2013, 12:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimH

I thought this was interesting. Looks like GE was trying to jump on the Princess phone bandwagon, offering clocks with lighted dials in "telephone" colors!

Jim

Jim H.

paul-f

Great ad!

"It's little, It's lovely, It lights."  The phone, too.

I hope thay also added aqua!

We know the phone is a 701, so it dates to the very early 1960s.  Too bad they didn't show it at the bottom off hook with the dial lit.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Matilo Telephones

Very nice! You get more than time from a general electric clock.

It's radio active, isn't it?  ;)
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

LarryInMichigan

Those clocks were made in the 1960s.  That model is not radioactive.  Many clocks has dials and hands painted with Radium paint to make them glow, but this clock model has an internal electric light.  For those of us who collect Telechron/GE clocks, the models made from 1960 onward are generally not of much interest as the quality of materials and construction declined significantly at that point.  It might be fun to have a matching phone/clock collection though.

Larry

Dennis Markham

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on December 06, 2013, 12:57:20 PM
  It might be fun to have a matching phone/clock collection though.
Larry

I was thinking the same thing, Larry.  Just what I need----to start dragging home clocks!

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Dennis Markham on December 06, 2013, 01:09:30 PM
Larry

I was thinking the same thing, Larry.  Just what I need----to start dragging home clocks!

Don't worry, we will make sure that that doesn't happen...Oops, it may be a bit late already.

Larry

Contempra

Those clocks were made in the 1960s.  That model is not radioactive.  Many clocks has dials and hands painted with Radium paint to make them glow, but this clock model has an internal electric light.  For those of us who collect Telechron/GE clocks, the models made from 1960 onward are generally not of much interest as the quality of materials and construction declined significantly at that point.  It might be fun to have a matching phone/clock collection though.

Larry

I collected some clocks & watches over the years too Larry but sold since longtime , I kept my old automatic 1955 Bulova and i have it since 15 years and runs great. ;)

Russ Kirk

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on December 06, 2013, 02:44:06 PM
Quote from: Dennis Markham on December 06, 2013, 01:09:30 PM
Larry

Don't worry, we will make sure that that doesn't happen...Oops, it may be a bit late already.

Larry
Thanks to this forum, i have a growing interest in older radios and now clocks.  Many have almost come home wit me. What has Prevented me from bringing them home is the lack of display room and i would prefer to display a new phone.....

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dennis Markham

Larry has a beautiful collection of Telechron clocks (and others).  Of those Larry, have you run across any of these GE's in color...with the light?