"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Introduction - "sebbel"

Started by sebbel, February 09, 2012, 08:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebbel

Hi,
I just wanted to say hi. I recently developed a new passion  for antique phones after picking up an old rusted 315h subset from a local antique shop a couple months ago. Since then I've become the proud owner of a 20AL, a 20BE, N50AL and C1. My interest here is to find help in restoring them and finding useful information for my growing collection. I'm very new to antique phones and curious about their technical aspects. Hopefully I can get a few answer here.

Seb.

LarryInMichigan

Welcome to the forum.  If you stick around, before long, you will have more phones than you can remember :)  There are plenty of experts around here who can help.

Larry

HarrySmith

Hi and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you are off to a great start with phone collecting. These phones are not all that complicated and there are quite a few very knowledgeable and helpful folks here! Please post some pictures of your phones, we all love pictures!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on February 09, 2012, 09:11:56 PM
Welcome to the forum.  If you stick around, before long, you will have more phones than you can remember :)  There are plenty of experts around here who can help.

Larry

Welcome to the forum and I'll second that, from personal experience.

After a phone in a box arrived in the mail a bit ago, my wife asked me how many phones will be enough? I told her just one more. That was at least 60 phones ago.   ::)

twocvbloke

Quote from: TelePlay on February 09, 2012, 09:34:29 PMAfter a phone in a box arrived in the mail a bit ago, my wife asked me how many phones will be enough? I told her just one more. That was at least 60 phones ago.   ::)

It's like the sign in some pubs that says;

"Tomorrow: Free drinks"

:D

sebbel

Just to prove all of you right. I now have "one more" phone. A WE 465. I've added a few pictures of my phone. Also I'm trying to make sense of the thousands of messages and am not quite sure where to start. There are 2 things I'm mainly after other that the actual phone collecting thing.

1. I'd like to create a local phone network. Example use my 20AL to call my 20BE. Is that possible? What do I need?

2. What is the best way to buff/polish a bakelite? Newer 50's plastic (Tennite I think)?

I will  my homework a spend days looking through the various posts but any pointer is appreciated.

Seb.