News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Fabulous '50s phone from finlover

Started by finlover, October 25, 2009, 11:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

So, what we are saying here is that you can now get about as much for a red '57 500 as you once could for a red '57 Chevy.  Times have changed, haven't they?

-Bill
-Bill G

finlover

Well, it wound up at $355, which is just fine with me.  I forgot that because of daylight savings time the auction ended an hour earlier than I had intended.  I can't help but wonder if that affected the outcome...

Anyway, it sold to the same guy that bought my red wall phone through a second chance offer, after the first buyer returned it because it didn't match his mom's wallpaper!  Next week I'm listing a white '64 500 in pristine condition (surprise!).  Kind of boring, but I have to break up the monotony of red, aqua, turquoise and pink.

bwanna

donna

AET

.......still waiting for that apprenticship to kick in :)...............
- Tom

JimH

Wow, great price.  I'd love to get that kind of change for some of mine.  Is there some sort of ceremony you do, or a "phone dance" before the item is listed? ;D
Jim H.

finlover

Thanks, Jim!  Yes, before each auction I put on a headdress fashioned from handset cords and then do a roller disco routine to "Ring My Bell".   Works for me!

Dan/Panther

I knew it !, I knew it !, there had to be some kind of VOO DOO involved someplace.
I'm there, the next auction I post, I'm going to do a naked rain dance in my backyard, with a soft plastic 500 case on my head like a hat, and play "Macho Man" in the background.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

d/p... i hope that works out for you.........but no videos please :)
donna

Craig T

Quote from: Dan/Panther on November 03, 2009, 12:59:20 PM
I knew it !, I knew it !, there had to be some kind of VOO DOO involved someplace.
I'm there, the next auction I post, I'm going to do a naked rain dance in my backyard, with a soft plastic 500 case on my head like a hat, and play "Macho Man" in the background.
D/P

D/P You can use the proceeds to post bail.  :o  ;D  ;D

Nice finish finlover on a beautiful phone.

AET

Dang, I was using BEechwood 4-5789.  Maybe that was the problem?
Quote from: finlover on November 03, 2009, 09:50:08 AM
Thanks, Jim!  Yes, before each auction I put on a headdress fashioned from handset cords and then do a roller disco routine to "Ring My Bell".   Works for me!
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Quote from: Craig T on November 03, 2009, 10:00:26 PM
D/P

Craig;
Are you kidding, I live next to an Indian Reservation, I'd probably have 20 or 30 indians joining me before it all ended. (We  need the rain )  :o :o :o
D/P

Bwanna;
Who want's a peek ???? :o :o :o

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Craig T

Quote from: Dan/Panther on November 04, 2009, 03:15:17 PM
Quote from: Craig T on November 03, 2009, 10:00:26 PM
D/P

:D

Craig;
Are you kidding, I live next to an Indian Reservation, I'd probably have 20 or 30 indians joining me before it all ended. (We  need the rain )  :o :o :o
D/P

Bwanna;
Who want's a peek ???? :o :o :o

D/P

Lol, I love it.