and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 564 Key Set

Started by mienaichizu, August 08, 2009, 10:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

Quote from: Phonesrfun on August 08, 2009, 10:41:58 PM
Mienaichizu:

You know, of course, that in order to get the 6-button 564 working all the way requires a key system, otherwise known as a shoebox, and, of course more than one line to hook it to, and a bunch of 25 pair wires and a lot of time.

To get it to work without the hold feature, and without any lights, but to be able to push a line button and use the phone as a single line phone is pretty easy.  Requires hooking the line to the associated T&R (Tip and Ring) connector inside the phone, and probably changing the wiring on the ringer from what is known a common audible to be connected as any other single line phone.  Both those are pretty easy.  If you need the schematic of the phone I think I have one.

-Bill

i have this in my pile of stuff. not sure what it is & i dont have the cover for it. but is it what mienaichizu needs to make his 564 work for multi lines?
donna

Phonesrfun

Donna:

I don't know what that is that you have there.  What I do know is that he would need a 550 or a 551 Key Service Unit, sometimes affectionately called a "shoebox", although it is quite a bit larger than your average shoebox. (Photo #1)

He would also need a 25 pair line cord for the phone similar to the one on the 2554 shown in photo #2.  That shoebox I have has a capacity of 4 lines, hold, lights and ringing.

They can be purchased on e-Bay, and a lot of wiring is involved, since all phones have to have a home-run to the KSU with the 25-pair cable.

-Bill G

bwanna

ok, thx for the pic. i sometimes see old systems in my line of work. mostly they are no longer used. usually i can talk the subscriber into letting me "properly dispose" of the units.  :D will keep my eyes open.  what i have may be for a p-phone system. i see this designation on the back plate p-we655 ser 6.
donna

Phonesrfun

M~:

Any luck with that 564?

-Bill
-Bill G

mienaichizu

still nothing happens bill, I will post up the photo of the network block and lets see if there is a problem with its connection

tjmack99

*Bump*

Just wondering if there was an update.....................

Phonesrfun

Not that I am aware of, do you have a similar issue?
-Bill G

m1898

Thanks Ben for the tip on the circuit board. I have a 564 that I am trying to figure out the wiring. It has two tracers per conductor.  Jim
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"