News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I just Bought 3 phones

Started by Phonzy, August 16, 2017, 10:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonzy

Hello, I'm Michel, new to this forum, I saw these 3 phones in a shop, I had to buy them,

First 2 are in real good condition, they work perfectly, they just need some cleaning,

The payphone is in a bad shape inside, the coin mechanism wiring is cut and theres a a lot of wires inside not connected to anything,

I did some research, I got a lot of information about the working phones but the payphone I cant identify it, I haven't found much

information about it online, any information is much appreciated,

dsk

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Those telephones does not look familiar to me, but the coin mechanism looks like the one used on some German payphones in the 60-ies.
like this: https://digitaltmuseum.no/011025211771/betalingstelefon

Do you have pictures from inside the phone?

dsk

PS this one is mine:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12969.0
DS

19and41

Is that arabic notation on the first phones' center?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

Hi and welcome to the forum! You have found the best place on the net for old phones.
I agree, looks to be Arabic writing on the payphone dial card. I do not believe we have any Arabic phone collectors here but maybe searching for middle east payphone types would yield some info. Also pictures of the inside migh be useful.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Very nice Michel.....welcome to the Forum....Doug
Kidphone

Welcome to the forum.

19and41

The numbers on the first phone are the characters nearest the 78&9 surrounding the center.  It's funny they call our numerical symbols Arabic numerals and they don't look like Arabic Arabic numerals.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: Phonzy on August 16, 2017, 10:43:04 AM
Hello, I'm Michel, new to this forum, I saw these 3 phones in a shop, I had to buy them,

First 2 are in real good condition, they work perfectly, they just need some cleaning,
The middle phone, orange with beige dial plate, is a Japanese Nippon Telephone & Telegraph (NTT) standard 600 type set.  Circuit diagrams should be easy to find. 

Japan used optional 20 PPS dialing to stall off introduction of Touch Tone so there are 600 sets equipped with 20 PPS dials.

Phonzy

Quote from: 19and41 on August 16, 2017, 02:31:35 PM
Is that arabic notation on the first phones' center?

yes sir, this is an old lebanese phone

Phonzy

Quote from: Alex G. Bell on August 16, 2017, 06:04:09 PM
The middle phone, orange with beige dial plate, is a Japanese Nippon Telephone & Telegraph (NTT) standard 600 type set.  Circuit diagrams should be easy to find. 

Japan used optional 20 PPS dialing to stall off introduction of Touch Tone so there are 600 sets equipped with 20 PPS dials.

I can confirm that there is a

"600-A1 MADE IN JAPAN" print on the back of the phone

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: Phonzy on August 16, 2017, 09:15:39 PM
I can confirm that there is a

"600-A1 MADE IN JAPAN" print on the back of the phone
Does it have a standard 10PPS or high speed 20PPS dial?  I'm not sure if/how the model # changes with the dial speed.

Phonzy

Quote from: Alex G. Bell on August 16, 2017, 09:18:27 PM
Does it have a standard 10PPS or high speed 20PPS dial?  I'm not sure if/how the model # changes with the dial speed.

I believe it's 10 pps

Phonzy

I have taken a few pictures of the inside of the phone, as I mentioned before it's in a bad shape,

in addition I have found a very similar phone that is fully functional and looks very similar to my payphone but with button dials not rotary,

is it possible to do some customization and add the rotary dial and old orange case to the new button phone ?