News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Clear Princess on Ebay

Started by Dan, April 24, 2009, 05:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

How rare are these? i'm fairly new to collecting, but I haven't seen one of these. What kind of value do you think it will bring?

http://tinyurl.com/cuzq8l ( dead link 07-29-21 )
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

Never seen a clear princess, but that date of 75' seems consistent with most of the clear phones I see come up on e-bay.  Guess in the 70s the clear phones were a fad, sorta like when Apple made see through computers in the late 90s and suddenly everything was transparent. 

flatlander

They must be very rare - one sold on ebay for $2000.00 here is the write up on it
http://www.porticus.org/bell/telephones-princess.html

mienaichizu

I remember one particular collector based here in the Philippines has an AE40 in clear plastic, is it also rare??

HobieSport

Quote from: mienaichizu
I remember one particular collector based here in the Philippines has an AE40 in clear plastic, is it also rare??

I've never heard of a clear AE40, Ramil, but that's very cool and I want one!  I wish the AEs where better documented, that is, how many where made of each model and color, and it still drives me crazy that they don't have date markings.  Has anyone else heard of or seen a clear AE40?

mienaichizu

a friend email me this photo, look at the bottom of the shelf
there are two variations, one in clear plastic and one in kinda clear bronze or brown plastic

the collector has lots of colored AE40's

HobieSport

Wow! Nice collection!  I'm speechless!

Dennis Markham

Those phones are awesome!  A collection like that should have an armed guard nearby.  There has to be a fortune tied up in those phones!

McHeath

WOW!  Well I can either invest in classic phones like these or eat, have lights, and buy fuel for the car.  Hmmm.....

mienaichizu

I have not seen those phones in person, the collector emailed it to me. He has mostly AE 40's in his collection rather that WE

AET

I'm a Western Electric guy myself, but WOW!!!!!!!  My heart skipped a beat!  I've never seen such an impressive collection of Automatic Electrics in my life!
- Tom