News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What's a 5302F?

Started by baldopeacock, May 04, 2010, 04:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldopeacock

Most of the 5302s I've seen have been marked 5302G.   Ran across one marked 5302F.

Does that designate the handset originally on the phone when assembled as a 5302...  an F handset as opposed to the G handset?   Or something else?

Dan/Panther

BOP;
All that I've been able to find so far, is that it depends on what model 302 it followed.
Example A 302G-3, would become a 5302G-3..
other than that it doesn't elaborate.
My 5302G has a F-1 handset, at first I thought that was the designation but after seeing mine I think not.
There is one hint in the BSP dated 1957, there are different handset cord mountings, one for the G, and one for the F that may be the difference. Check to see if your 5302G has the newer G type handset hook under the hood.
I did find also that on the 302 models, F,G, & H etc. designated wiring differences.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

LarryInMichigan

My 5302 with an F1 handset is stamped "5302G" on the bottom, and the one with a GF handset is stamped "5302GRX-3", for whatever it's worth.

paul-f

As D/P stated, the general rule is to use the coding of the 300-series set, so the answer is in the BSPs for the 302F.   From memory, I believe the difference between the 302 F, G and H is the dial plate -- numbers only, numbers and letters and party line (with J, M, R and W).
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan/Panther

Paul;
That's interesting, the dial was the last thing I would have considered.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

paul-f

And the code for a dial plate should be academic on a 5302, as it should be swapped out for a black plate with white dots!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line