News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A bit of my collection

Started by mentalstampede, March 08, 2014, 10:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalstampede

I'm a fan of the more esoteric "phone from..." signs. Like "phone from horse" and whatnot. Thanks for the compliment. I'm proud of how it turned out once I got it repaired and reassembled.

Quote from: Jim S. on April 25, 2017, 06:49:53 PM
I like your "booth". The phone has the "long" handset cord, which makes me think it is  a "Phone from Car". Southwest bell liked to use the engraved handsets on "Phone from Car" Payphones.

JMO,
Jim S.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

mentalstampede

So, I'm pretty sure this is a good problem to have, but I had to make a cheat sheet to remember which phones are hooked up where. Also, I need a system with more extensions!

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Pourme

I did the same thing but, mine is on a post it note...Your's looks much nicer!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AL_as_needed

But what about ext 18?... Connect to that one and a phone, somewhere in the depths of the attic, rings?  :D
TWinbrook7

mentalstampede

Quote from: AL_as_needed on June 08, 2017, 08:26:57 PM
But what about ext 18?... Connect to that one and a phone, somewhere in the depths of the attic, rings?  :D

I wish! Extension 18 is inoperative. I've been looking for a new 616, but at least this one is better than my last one.