News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Janet Strikes Again !!

Started by Doug Rose, November 13, 2010, 04:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Anyone who works in the IT/Systems field knows there is always weekend work. While I was working this morning, Janet hit the yard sales. Only four of them. But the fourth was golden or should I say Chrome!! Beautiful working AE chrome Payphone. A few minor marks, but in really outstanding shape. It dials out and transmits but you cannot hear. I t need a new receiver capsule. ...What a find!! and the payphone's not bad either.....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Definitely a keeper Doug, and I'd keep the phone too..

Those Area Code 151 Instruction cards are the work of a particular refurb company who converted them for private sale. Can't remember any other details but they must have done a ton of them as I'm always seeing that 151 card on payphones on ebaY. Of course Area Code 151 is fictitious.

Terry

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Kidphone on November 13, 2010, 04:17:07 PM
... A few minor marks, but in really outstanding shape. It dials out and transmits but you cannot hear. I t need a new receiver capsule. ...

Doug: Not worth keeping it with a bad capsule. Just wrap it and send it to CA.
Jorge

Phonesrfun

So, Doug:

This wife of yours....Janet....  Does she have some special talents for scouting out these things, or does she take William Shatner (The negotiator) along with her to seal deals?

I certainly hope she doesn't look like Shatner!  :)

All kidding aside, congrats on that very nice looking payphone.
-Bill G

Doug Rose

Quote from: JorgeAmely on November 13, 2010, 06:46:44 PM
Quote from: Kidphone on November 13, 2010, 04:17:07 PM
... A few minor marks, but in really outstanding shape. It dials out and transmits but you cannot hear. I t need a new receiver capsule. ...

Doug: Not worth keeping it with a bad capsule. Just wrap it and send it to CA.
Jorge ...its in the mail...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: Phonesrfun on November 13, 2010, 06:57:02 PM
So, Doug:

This wife of yours....Janet....  Does she have some special talents for scouting out these things, or does she take William Shatner (The negotiator) along with her to seal deals?

I certainly hope she doesn't look like Shatner!  :)

All kidding aside, congrats on that very nice looking payphone.
Bill...she has a talent. I go with her week after week and I get nothing. One week without me she finds a chrome payphone. She' good!
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on November 13, 2010, 06:57:02 PM
does she take William Shatner (The negotiator) along with her to seal deals?

I certainly hope she doesn't look like Shatner!  :)

Hey, that's the next Prime Minister of Canada you're talking about... :o

How many shows is he doing this season? Unbelievable!

Terry