News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

telephone analyzer

Started by southernphoneman, November 23, 2013, 05:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

Hi, could someone tell me a little bit about how this works please? thank you, Gregg

Owain

looks like it would be used for analogue radio-telephones; might even pre-date cellular.

WesternElectricBen

Heh, wow. That is pretty nice. I don't know what those fancy gauges do, but, you connect up your phone, dial (see dialed digits through display) and ring it by hitting the button.

Did you buy it...57.00?

That would be convenient, but I like my Panisonic KSU.

Ben

southernphoneman

Hi all, I ended up buying this thing and by what I read on the thread that paul-f provided I am glad that I did, with the amount of repairs, refurbs and restorations that I do this will be a welcome addition to my telephone room, and thank you paul-f for providing that thread, Gregg

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on November 23, 2013, 05:45:52 PM
Hi all, I ended up buying this thing and by what I read on the thread that paul-f provided I am glad that I did, with the amount of repairs, refurbs and restorations that I do this will be a welcome addition to my telephone room, and thank you paul-f for providing that thread, Gregg

If you got that for 57, I'd say you got an amazing deal. I am quite jellious.

Ben

cihensley@aol.com

I have a model 1050, with the manual, that I find I don't use as often as I thought I would. If someone wants one I will sell it.

Chuck

unbeldi

This test set is one of the more advanced of the B&K Precision telephone testers. You're going to need a good deal of electronics knowledge to operate and enjoy the features. If you didn't get a manual with it, you will need one.

It has the features of the 1045 for standard analog wire-line sets, as well as the features of the 1047 for cordless phones. Cordless phones operate on a set of RF channels for which there are controls on the unit. In addition the unit has various audio test features.

The most useful of the B&K testers for telephone collectors is probably the 1045 model. It is easy to operate even by inexperienced users.  It tests line and handset modular cords for continuity and proper wiring, rings a telephone and provides a talking circuit between two telephones with indication of audio modulation. It also has a digit decoder for touch-tone and dial pulse.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on November 23, 2013, 06:41:28 PM
I have a model 1050, with the manual, that I find I don't use as often as I thought I would. If someone wants one I will sell it.

Chuck

How much? /are you in the US

Ben

cihensley@aol.com

$100 plus shipping in the US.

Chuck

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on November 23, 2013, 06:16:24 PM
Quote from: southernphoneman on November 23, 2013, 05:45:52 PM

If you got that for 57, I'd say you got an amazing deal. I am quite jellious.

Ben
didn't pay 57 for it but at $119.00 I don't think I did bad, Gregg

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on November 24, 2013, 01:17:07 PM
$100 plus shipping in the US.

Chuck

Good deal, but I'm reaching my months phone quota. The call director really got me.

Ben

southernphoneman

hi I just received the analyzer, and when testing it I am trying to figure out how to make the phone ring, I turned the power on and plugged the phone in to jack 1 and pushed the ring button and it shows the ringer indicator light coming on but the phone won t ring but the same phone rings when tested on a landline, any pointers? thank you. Gregg

poplar1

Did you start with "Ringer Level (V)" set at 100?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

southernphoneman

Quote from: southernphoneman on November 27, 2013, 08:35:55 PM
Quote from: poplar1 on November 27, 2013, 08:34:29 PM
Did you start with ringing value set at 100?
thank you I will try that.
I just tried it again at 100 and if I am getting what you said right I think that you mean where the ringer knob is where it says35, 70 , and 100 then I turned that to 100 and still just the indicator light thank you, Gregg