News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Charter Member Avatar?

Started by Mark Stevens, September 05, 2008, 01:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Stevens

Maybe I'm thinking too much (unlikely), but I've been trying to decide on a good design for a special avatar for the first registered users here at the Rotary Phone Forum, the "Charter Members."  Below is one that I just pulled out of my hat. I've even thought of making the first nine unique, with the appropriate number on the dial highlighted just a little.  Now I am thinking too much!  Any thoughts?  Goofy idea?  Good idea, poor execution?  ???

Mark Stevens

Guess what?  I just had an epiphany!  I'm not absolutely sure what constitutes an epiphany, but this has to be close...
Make the avatar's bigger!
Not just the Charter Member one, but all of them!  Where I went wrong was in sticking to the forum's default avatar size, 65x65 pixels.  But if I open it up to 100, or even 120 pixels, it's Katie bar the door!  They'll look a lot cooler, and it's all about cool, eh Dennis?  8)  Got work to do...

Oh, and another thing...
If anyone would like a custom avatar, but don't know how to make one, I could probably be talked into taking on that task.  All I'd need is some ideas, maybe a photo to work from, and lots of flattery, compliments, etc.  ;)

And...
Here's another Charter Member idea: (bigger!)

McHeath

Gee those are kwel, as the young ones say.  I really like the old dial with the metal fingerwheel.

Mark Stevens

Quote from: McHeath on September 05, 2008, 09:45:52 PM
Gee those are kwel, as the young ones say.  I really like the old dial with the metal fingerwheel.

What scares me is that I'll come up with something like that and think it's pretty good. But a few minutes later, I'll see it again and wonder what the heck I was thinking of.  I'm clearly going to have to enroll in avatar school!  :D

HELLO CENTRAL

[i mg]h ttp://www.divshare.com/img/5322209-990.jpg[/i mg]     --> (  dead image link 7-14-17 )

http://www.divshare.com/download/5322209-990     --> (  dead link 7-14-17 )

A suggestion, the early Western Electric logo?  I chose it as my avatar. . .but would be happy to share it.

Best, Walt S
HELLO CENTRAL.

Mark Stevens

The Western Electric guy is cool H.C., but what's up with that new avatar you're using?  I've come up with a Charter Member avatar (shown below in all its glory), and have already assigned it to McHeath. Anyone else that wants to use it just needs to let me know. I'll probably make it available to the first 25 members, give or take.

HELLO CENTRAL

That was a test.  I've never been good at the resze ::)  Walt S.
HELLO CENTRAL.

Dan/Panther

If I qualify, I'd like the Charter member avatar, but I would also like it above or below my own avatar.
Is that possible ?

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Dan/Panther on September 14, 2008, 01:20:17 AM
If I qualify, I'd like the Charter member avatar, but I would also like it above or below my own avatar.
Is that possible ?

Dan/Panther

I'd be more than happy to assign the Charter Member avatar to you, but I couldn't do it in addition to your existing one.  If I find the time this week, would you like me to attempt to make a combination avatar?  I'm picturing one that looks like the CM one, except for the collie in place of the phone!  Just let me know if you want me to give it a whirl. - Mark

Dan/Panther

Can you add Charter Member above and below the photo of my Sheltie...
Regards;
Dan/Panther

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Dan/Panther on September 14, 2008, 09:57:38 PM
Can you add Charter Member above and below the photo of my Sheltie...
Regards;
Dan/Panther

Sorry Dan, but the board is configured to accommodate only 100x100 pixels of avatar per member.
- Mark

Dan/Panther

Mark;
Can you make it like the one I did here.
I will send you the original photo, so you could add the letters, to make it neater.
If not I understand.
Regards;
Dan/panther

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Dan/Panther on September 14, 2008, 10:40:48 PM
Mark;
Can you make it like the one I did here.
I will send you the original photo, so you could add the letters, to make it neater.
If not I understand.
Regards;
Dan/panther

Yes, that I can do!  I'll make it real spiffy for ya.
- Mark

Bill

Mark -

You may have missed my earlier post - I'd like to sign up for a CM avatar as well. I like the one with the shiny black desk set that is in your signature picture, if you can do that. Or even better, the 202 desk set, since I just finished restoring one! Thanks!

Bill

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Bill on September 15, 2008, 10:19:29 AM
Mark -

You may have missed my earlier post - I'd like to sign up for a CM avatar as well. I like the one with the shiny black desk set that is in your signature picture, if you can do that. Or even better, the 202 desk set, since I just finished restoring one! Thanks!

Bill

Oops...sorry Bill. There's been so much activity here in the past couple of days that I must have over-looked you!  I'll work on one for you this afternoon, with a 202.