News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WANTED: AE80 Light Blue body shell

Started by Partyline4, February 16, 2018, 12:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partyline4

I've got an early 1964 ae80 that is carolina blue with chrome plungers. Cracked the body and looking for a good shell. Do not want a painted one, I want original solid plastic light blue. Thanks!

AE_Collector

Preferably a still blue case, not a bleaching or sanding project to get it back to blue?

Terry

Partyline4

Already bleached and sanded...Tried some clearcoat on it today that bubbled the surface.....almost like acetone would..Tired of messing with it. Want another body.

AE_Collector

I didn't word my previous reply very well...adjusted it a bit now. What I am wondering is if you want a ready to go FMN (Forget-Me-Not) Blue housing or is a discoloured FMN Blue housing that needs sanding or bleaching okay as long as no cracks or chips?

I recently went through my spare FMN Blue 80's looking for a good one and found only quite discoloured examples. That colour is the worst for discolouring in my opinion! Of the couple I found I think they may have had cracks or chips as well but would check again if you are prepared to sand or bleach them.

Other possible issues for you is do you need a housing with brass threaded inserts or not? Likely yes on a 64 model though you could change the base screws if you get a newer non insert type housing. Check your base to see if it is colour coded "30" which is FMN Blue.

Terry