News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gearing up For Easter...

Started by Dan/Panther, March 02, 2009, 12:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

9 months pregnant, and changing the engine in a car.
Where do all the girls like you hide ??? >:(
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

Quote from: Ellen on March 08, 2009, 01:30:09 PM
Let's see, the chronology of the VW and the baby.  Oh, too long ago.  The baby was started in Medusa, New York, on a vacation.  In a house.  She, the one of the green hair (and purple, and silver, and blue) thinks this (Medusa) is fabulous.  At 9 mo. pregnant, I was changing the engine in the VW for the second time, but I needed help.   Then, after a few late-night trips into the mountains with the baby and the dog and the tool kits (forestry and carpentry and VW) and the camping gear, and the flat tires and blown engines, we gave up and bought the new Ford.   

Now, THAT is impressive.  I'm luckily if I can get a girl to hand me wrenches!  Except for my mom who's a factory mechanic and has helped me fix many a car.
- Tom

Dan

My wife's knowledge of cars is "where does the gas go, and pointing it down the road straight!"
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

Early this winter, just when it was getting down to about 15 degrees, I was out driving, when a rusty fuel line on my Station Wagon burst and I had to go abous 15 miles back to my house with the gas pouring out the line.  I got it home, and my dad (A chevy Mechanic in the 70's) wouldn't even help me.  My mom climbed under the car with me and helped me saw away the old line and put the new one in place.  My brother handed tools, and my 3 friends stood and watched. 
- Tom

HobieSport

Hears to women mechanics, carpenters, foresters, and all the good ol' cars!

Back to Dan the Panthers' original post; those three "Easter" colored 500s are probably my favorite color combination in the 500 series.  They just seem so...1950s! :)

Dan/Panther

Call me sick, but I like that kitchen.
D/P

Dennis Markham

It looks like one can grow their own herbs right there in the corner, under the window.  Just pick 'em, chop 'em and throw 'em in the salad.

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan/Panther
Call me sick, but I like that kitchen.
D/P

Not sick; "Class-sic"!  Think how nice your "Easter 500s" would look in that kitchen.  Just that the upper wallpaper/ceiling looks a bit "busy" to me... ;)

Dan/Panther

I love the pull out table/chopping block. Great for a single guy.
D/P

HobieSport

Single guy?  Then your 1950s "Easter Kitchen" just needs one of these!

But just what exactly is she cooking with those ingredients ??? :P :D

Ellen

She is looking at the ceiling, and is about to add "thumb" to the list of ingredients.  Maybe it's frosting according to the recipe of Captain Hook?  Must be the Capt. is appearing to her through the light fixture???

We'll cook a cake quite large and fill each layer in between
with icing mixed with poison till it turns a tempting green.
We'll place it near the house just where the boys are sure to come,
and, being greedy, they won't care to question such a plum.

Dan/Panther

Is that from "Hansel and Gretal" ?
D/P

Ellen

Peter Pan.  Captain Hook was trying to kill Peter Pan.  I think maybe that platinum-wigged person is Hook in disguise.

Dan/Panther

I think Bimbo is a better word.
D/P

HobieSport

But boy can she cook.  That green maonaise flavored Jello really goes to my heart.
Literally. :P  Funny about the thumb, Ellen. ;)