News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy New Year!

Started by Dennis Markham, December 31, 2008, 05:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

From the frozen tundra of Michigan, Best Wishes to everyone for a Happy, Healthy 2009!

Dennis

Steve

Heres a toast to all my new Friends , may the new year be full of Happiness.

Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true. ~ Lord Alfred Tennyson
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

mienaichizu

happy new year too to everyone!

bingster

Happy New Year, everybody!  Dennis, if I could take some of that snow off your hands, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  When it comes to snow, we've been robbed all year.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

For a couple weeks before Christmas we had a mountain of snow.  It was getting to the point that when I shoveled my driveway (I don't use a snow blower when there's only a couple inches on the ground) I had to lift the shovel and throw the snow over the pile.  Then we had a warm up a week ago.  I think it was last Saturday it went up to 62 degrees, breaking a record of 59 set in 1971.  It all melted.  I could see the lawn again.  Our "January thaw" early.  We got 2-3 inches night before last so things are white again.  I think it's going to be a big snow year up here in Michigan.  Up along the Great Lakes they get much more than we do here in the Detroit area.  Whenever you'd like to take some home with you, just come on by and fill up the trunk.  We have plenty!

McHeath

Happy new all!  Gee it's 2009, where is my George Jetson lifestyle that I expected when I was a kid?

Well you have snow in Michigan, while out here in California we are having our usual bipolar weather like everything else here.  If you are in Pasadena, then today looked nice.  If you are here in the Central Valley, it's buried under fog and gloomy, our usual for January.

But we are considering a drive up to the snow, it's just about a two hour drive to Sequoia national park and we can go up, play in the snow for a bit, and drive home. 

Dennis Markham

Heath, that sounds like a good time.  One of these days I'd like to spend some time exploring all the different areas of California.  I did visit San Francisco a few years ago and had a great time.  But I know there is so much more to see, especially going north.

With regard to the snow, I always thought it would be nice if one could put the snow away with the Christmas lights.  It seems like things speed up on Labor Day....Halloween, then Thanksgiving and zoom it's Christmas.  Then it all just stops.  Jaaaaannnnnnnnuuuuuaaaaaarrrrrrrryyyyyy, Feeeebbbbbrrrrrrrruuuuuuarrrrry....you get the idea....it's not really warm here until the end of May.  But if one is into skiing or snowmobiling, this is the place to come most winters.  Have fun!

Bill Cahill

You're a Michiganian? Where?
My original family lived in Harper Woods, a suburb of Detroit.
Later, I lived in the beutiful ghettos of Detroit, then, Kalamazoo. Yes, folks, there really is a Kalamazoo.
I now live in Florida.
Happy New Year, all, and, a belated Bah, Humbug from Uncle Scrooge, and, me.....
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

jiggerman

Just want to wish everyone on this forum a Happy New Year and the best in the coming year. I really enjoy this site, there isn't a day goes by that I don't check in at least three times to see what's happening. It's like a family and you're a great bunch of people. Thanks for everything, Jiggerman

HobieSport

Jiggerman, you took the words right out of my mouthpiece. ;)

Happy New Year to everyone in this great phone family!
-Matt

Dennis Markham

I will echo those thoughts as well.

I wish for you all a Happy, Healthy 2010!

AET

Same here!! Happy new year to all of my "extended family "
- Tom

ntophones

Likewise--Happy New Year to all of you great folks!
--nto
--nto

Ellen

Here's a hot New Years Eve agenda in New England:
leftovers for supper
computer work (really!) for 2 hours
read a novel for 3 minutes in bed
zonked by 8:30 

But we had beautiful snow and great snowballs today!
Clear road tomorrow for driving to Boston to see #2 child.

Happy New Year, all!

foots

Hey Ellen, what kind of leftovers you got?  I have some prime rib, deer roast, dirty rice, and candied yams that I'm tired of. Wanna swap?

Happy New Years everybody - if you're going out tonight, please be careful and drive the speed limit. There's gonna be a bunch of drunks out tonight as well as police.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"