"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Surge in SC 1543 popularity lately?

Started by stopthemachine, January 31, 2011, 09:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopthemachine

Hello, all.

Has anyone noticed how much SC 1543 phones have been going for lately?  Two sets in the last week have gone for over $150 on eBay.  I'm glad I picked most of mine up more than five years ago when they were relatively cheap to obtain-- with special thanks to the Pearce Telephone Company!  

I have all but two colors of the desk set myself.  I'm going to post pix of my SC and other phones soon--finally, got the cam working!  (So proud of myself!)  

Anyone else care to share some pix of their Stromberg-Carlson 1500 and 1600 ("Petite") phones?  I think this could get interesting.  :)

Jim Stettler

Here are my 1543's
Ivory,
Black manual crabclaw
Beige
Custom factory gold finish
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Russ Kirk

Your gold 1543 cleaned up nicely.    I don"t see many 1543's in California.

Russ...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Russkirk on February 01, 2011, 09:57:55 AM
Your gold 1543 cleaned up nicely.    I don"t see many 1543's in California.

Russ...
Thanks Russ,
So far it has over 2-1/2 hours of "grease" removal to the exterior. I bought it for the plungers, But I liked it once I saw it. I really liked it once it started cleaning up.

It is in the running for January 2011 "Find of the Month".
Everyone please vote for your favorite find.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

Here is my SC 1543. More pictures here of the process so far: 
https://picasaweb.google.com/HarrySmith1957/StrombergCarlson1543
There was even a dial card under there!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Harry, that is a dirty one.  What's the story on it?

HarrySmith

It was in the box of 8 phones I got at Maitland for $10.00 each. Also a spare handset with it. Cleaning it up to sell.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Working on cleaning this dirty one up. I sent the frozen dial off to Steve for repair along with a few others. He ended up having to replace the guts it was so bad. He still charged me his exorbidant price of $6.00. I am in need of a couple of parts. The number ring has some red stuff that got inside somehow and I cannot get it out so I will need to replace it. I also need the clear plastic cover for the dial card. Anyone have these parts available! I will take a complete assembly if necessary or a parts phone if these are good.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Can one of you guys please post some pictures of the insides from one of these phones? I am attempting to reassemble this phone but I cannot recall where all the springs and brackets go on the hookswitch assembly.I thought I had taken pictures but I guess I did not!
Thanks!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 18, 2011, 06:21:03 PM
Can one of you guys please post some pictures of the insides from one of these phones? I am attempting to reassemble this phone but I cannot recall where all the springs and brackets go on the hookswitch assembly.I thought I had taken pictures but I guess I did not!
Thanks!
I figured it out. Got the switchook on and working. I am still looking for the 2 parts, plastic number ring and dial card cover. I am trying to clean dial cover, I will be making another post about that.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"