News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Peking Red 302's

Started by Dan/Panther, November 17, 2017, 01:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Would everyone that has purchased a Peking Red 302, mind telling us what you paid for it. So as to remove any concerns about having paid too much for yours, and as a result may not post what you paid, PERSONALLY, I paid OVER $900.00 for mine about 7 or 8 years ago. It's in excellent shape, but way over priced. Not at the time, but now.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Russ Kirk

$400 two years ago. Date matching 10-53
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dennis Markham

I paid $400 for mine also.  That was probably four or five years ago.  All dates are from II of 1950 except an element dated 7-'49.

Dan/Panther

Doug Rose

$200 for mine but has a crack in the back, other wise perfect from the front and working. I sold a 55 red 500 set that I got on CL for $10 for $200 off eBay (when you could do that) so it was really just $13 for shipping plus the $10 for the CL cost. One of my better trades  8)...Doug
Kidphone

Russ Kirk

Dan, I Would not say you got hosed. It depends on several factors; availability, condition, dates, location and competitive bids.

There are some phones I know I paid too much, others I got for a good price. All in all, I do think it evens out in the long run. I also look at it this way and ask myself one question. What Will I regret more, spending too much, or not buying an item and never having a chance to get it again. For me, buying always wins. 

So look at your "49er 500" and think that is one is your best deal and forget about a few $$$ you paid too much. You can always save more $$, you may not have a chance to get that special phone again.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dan/Panther

You know Russ, you are absolutely correct, I wouldn't sell it It ids still special to me even though I paid a premium.
BTW, I haven't sorted out what I plan to move out yet.

D/P