News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Questions about handsets and transmitters.

Started by Stephen Furley, August 08, 2009, 07:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Furley

I need to order some spare parts, but I need some help to identify the correct ones.

Is the WE 'G' handset the one which was used with the 500, and which takes the smaller transmitter element (I think it's a T1)?  My 302 handsets are both marked 'F1', and I know what a E1 looks loke, but the one on the 500 isn't marked.

Oldphoneworks have spare parts for SC handsets of three different types, which they refer to as 'Curved', 'Horsehoof' and 'Diamond'.  I have two SC telephones which have different handsets, but I'm not clear about which is which.  Can anybody post a picture of the three types, or tell me what the differences are please?

Phonesrfun

I can answer part one.

The 500 series phones used the G series handsets that in turn had a T1 transmitter, and a U1 receiver.
The 302 and similar phones used the F1 handset which used an F1 transmitter and a HA1 receiver.

-Bill
-Bill G

foots

Here are pictures of both curved and horse hoof style handsets. The 3rd somewhat resembles a G series handset but when viewed from the top each end has facets like a diamond.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Stephen Furley

Thank you both.  It's a Horse hoof and a Diamond that I've got.  Is the colour on that 1243 original, or from a later refurbishment?  We certainly didn't have orange 'phones here in those days, and anything other than black was rare.

foots

That colour is a repainted phone sold by Oldphoneworks. As far as I know, 1243's were only available in black.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"