News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Am I the only one who does this?

Started by Greg G., June 12, 2012, 02:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

You missed a step Briny.....you forgot the couple of parts that get misplaced from each future project!

See you Saturday!

Terry

AE_Collector

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 13, 2012, 02:13:51 PM
My Lear Jet is in the shop :D

Oh sure, BudJet Rent a Jet can help you out Harry!

Terry

RotarDad

I also try to do as Bill suggests - buy a phone, then completely finish it before I allow myself to buy another.  One added benefit is that it can help keep the quality  higher on the purchase.   If I know I'll need to spend the time to fix this or that, I'm thinking a bit more carefully on the buy, and often pass on some phones that are too much work, or won't have much value after all my effort.  My plan is to end up with a smaller number of nicer phones (easier to store and someday disposition too.....) ;)

Of course if I find a "really good deal"....... that can throw off the plan!!

Paul
Paul

Dan/Panther

Paul;
Therein lies the problem, almost any vintage phone shows potential, and if you view in your mind the finished product, almost any phone can be a bargain.
A most hopeless situation.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

liteamorn

I just had 3 phones on my kitchen table in various forms of "disassembly" for almost 2 weeks, I live alone so I have to "bug"myself to put them back together, unfinished of course.

I have a closet full of parts but never have the part I need for the particular phone I am working on.

Dan/Panther

Quote from: liteamorn on June 16, 2012, 11:51:18 AM
I just had 3 phones on my kitchen table in various forms of "disassembly" for almost 2 weeks, I live alone so I have to "bug"myself to put them back together, unfinished of course.

I have a closet full of parts but never have the part I need for the particular phone I am working on.

Give it time, eventually you'll have enough parts to put phones together from parts.
Any probably with all matching dates.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson