Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Terry,
         Any of them in clear would look great!!!!!!!! :o         

Ray,
        That AE-4 A will work on the AE-14 A.            stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

I think that it is fairly common for the AE 4 and 14 covers to be cracked. A nice clear cover sounds like a good replacement.

Terry

kleenax

Quote from: GG on October 11, 2011, 12:22:20 AM
Hi Ray- 
Re. AE 40 in Nile Green, yeah that's near-affordable depending on me getting my back invoices out to clients (one in particular). 

While we're on the subject, what's your price for an AE 1A in Nile Green, with Nile Green plastic hookswitch cradle, and chrome handset rings? 

I thought of another potential project if this interests you: 

I have a GPO HES-2; the shipper packed it abysmally badly.  Question is, can you create a new housing for that, or is the cost of producing the tooling prohibitive? 

Re. the Siemens 200-series (GPO 232), someone in the UK is producing some components for those in color. 

thanks-
-GG

GG:

I thought about just a private msg to you, but decided that I would place a short reply for others that have seen this thread.

Prices quoted are for a complete telephone, including chrome trim. I sure could use those chrome bits (handset bands, etc), but they are not necessary as I have some in stock.

As for Nile Green AE-1A, price would be $675.00 with matching cradle and chrome trim.

I do not repair broken phone bodies, sorry. To create a replacement body, I first require a perfect original to create the tooling from. Custom tooling for a complete body of that size would be about $1,200.00 US, and you would own it, meaning that I could create up to 20 various colored bodies out of it for you (bodies cast are additional to tooling costs).

As for the Tele 232, I already create all components, and it is Ray Sutclife that molds several components in the UK. I like my castings better than his as I feel mine look MUCH more authentic ;-)

I will try and post more photos of my GPO projects on my website soon. I have completed a Clear 162, 232, 328, 332, and 25/26 bellset covers as well as the early "eared" terminal block, as well as the 20/4 in Clear and colors as well. AND, there is more to come!  ;-)

Cheers,

Ray Kotke
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

kleenax

Quote from: AE_collector on October 11, 2011, 12:48:47 AM
Aahhh, the 183 is still on your list! Glad to hear that.

Terry

Yessir ;-)

Been on that list for awhile, but I JUST last week was able to secure a BUNCH of NOS top housings so I can extract that SUPER-SPECIAL metal pivot-pin casting in there to incorporate into my Clears as they would be impossible to re-create! "Someone" was going to SCRAP an entire box (YIKES) of NOS tops/dial housings  before I caught him and bought them from him ;-)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

Quote from: kleenax on October 11, 2011, 05:00:34 PM
Been on that list for awhile, but I JUST last week was able to secure a BUNCH of NOS top housings so I can extract that SUPER-SPECIAL metal pivot-pin casting in there to incorporate into my Clears as they would be impossible to re-create! "Someone" was going to SCRAP an entire box (YIKES) of NOS tops/dial housings  before I caught him and bought them from him ;-)

Yes I remember us talking about 183 housings quite awhile ago. Lots of little bits and pieces in a 183 unfortunately.

Steve Hilsz had a bunch of new 183 dial turrets. I got several from him for my 183's where mine had the usual cracks in the back between the screw holes OR they were discolored. Maybe you can find a way to cast the plastic a bit thicker back there to prevent this problem?

What color are your new dial turrets? If you got them from Steve I think I have a list of colors he has.

You mentioned "20 castings from a mold". Several years ago when we chatted about it you were getting about 5 casts out of a mold. Have things improved or does it really depend on the exact item?

If you are doing any more 332's, I've got several busted ones for parts. And finally, you haven't got to a GEC Muraphone wall phone yet have you? Have some of them that are busted up for donor phones as well.

Terry

GG

Ray -

You're doing more to incentivize me catching up with my billing cycle than two of my co-workers who daily pester me about it!:-)

If chrome bands are getting relatively scarce, plain nile green plastic is fine with me for a 41 handset.   If I understand correctly, you're basically removing all components from a damaged AE 40 and transplanting them into the new housing?  Of all of that era's phones, AE 40 would seem to be the most difficult since the induction coil and terminals were in the upper housing. 

Understood about the HES-2; now if I could come up with ten or more other folks who want those in some color other than regular GPO black...

Were you doing 332 housings?  Did you also do the 164 handsets for them?  Any of those still available?

Something I read about 332s: a black housing with a red receiver was used by the British military to denote "not scrambled, not safe for secret conversations," and a black housing with a green receiver was used to denote "scrambled, safe for secret conversations."  These all had dial blanks where the space around the number label had another label, market to say whether the phone was or was not safe for secret conversations.  One of the brands was PYE/TMC Secraphone, and used a basic frequency inversion technique.  They also made a 706 version of this. 

Thanks-
-GG

kleenax

Quote from: GG on October 12, 2011, 12:39:48 PM

Ray -
You're doing more to incentivize me catching up with my billing cycle than two of my co-workers who daily pester me about it!:-)

GG, Terry;

I am going to start a new topic in "General Discussion" as I think we have hi-jacked this thread a little too much ;-)

Ray
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector