"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 83: 1965 Bell System Picturephone

Started by AE_Collector, January 28, 2013, 12:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 29, 2013, 11:16:16 AM
Anyone can change their bid up to the 24 hour cutoff point.
Terry
Update my "prediction" to $16500.00. I am glad to have to update my prediction - more power to Mo! I hope I will have to update it again!

This is certainly one of the most interesting auctions I have followed!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

HowardPgh

My guess would be 12,769.00
Howard

Whatever the Picturephone ends at, would that be a record price for an antique telephone?
Howard

Doug Rose

No guess from me as I told Mo from the start, I had no idea it's value. I would definitely say, it surpassed what I thought was possible for this. There is a lot of disposable money out there. This is really fun to watch. Like Deal or No Deal, without the................... suitcases.....Doug
Kidphone

twocvbloke

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 30, 2013, 06:16:49 PMLike Deal or No Deal, without the................... suitcases.....Doug

Or Noel Edmonds, red boxes & a GPO 332 for us brits... :D

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

MagicMo

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 30, 2013, 06:16:49 PM
No guess from me as I told Mo from the start, I had no idea it's value. I would definitely say, it surpassed what I thought was possible for this. There is a lot of disposable money out there. This is really fun to watch. Like Deal or No Deal, without the................... suitcases.....Doug

What would that make me? The the Banker or Howie Mandel? Please say neither.
Practice Kindness :)

twocvbloke

Quote from: MagicMo on January 30, 2013, 11:51:15 PM
What would that make me? The the Banker or Howie Mandel? Please say neither.

I'd say you're the contestant, given that you've opened many boxes with nice surprises in them, hitting the jackpot with this Mod 1 Picturephone.... :D

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on January 30, 2013, 10:12:09 PM
OK, my official guess is $12,500.00

Bill: Risking further discussion about "rule 3" I modified your guess a little to $12,159.00 to slip you exactly in the middle between two other existing bids leaving each with approximately 5% "space". Hope that is okay but further discussion or comments are welcome.

Terry

Phonesrfun

Fine with me.  Its a throw of the dart anyway.
-Bill G

DavePEI

Its now up three hundred dollars from the other evening, $9,596.54.

There was a two hundred dollar bid increase from a new bidder following Member Id: e***d's US $9,296.54 bid, and he had an automatic bid putting it up another $100 to stay in the lead. Makes me wonder what his maximum bid is? Maybe $10,000? Maybe $1,000,000?  ;D

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Russ Kirk

I have to say,  the posts and activity on this picturephone has me mesmerised.  I have to read the posts several times a day.  It is quite fun!
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

AE_Collector

Quote from: DavePEI on January 31, 2013, 11:39:02 AM
Its now up three hundred dollars from the other evening, $9,596.54.

There was a two hundred dollar bid increase from a new bidder following Member Id: e***d's US $9,296.54 bid, and he had an automatic bid putting it up another $100 to stay in the lead. Makes me wonder what his maximum bid is? Maybe $10,000? Maybe $1,000,000?  ;D

Dave
Auction Analysis brought to you by the Telephone Museum of PEI

We have an opening for a  "Color Comentator" on this one as well!
Apply to CRPF Personel Dept

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 31, 2013, 03:01:14 PM
Auction Analysis brought to you by the Telephone Museum of PEI

We have an opening for a  "Color Comentator" on this one as well!
Apply to CRPF Personel Dept

Terry
$10,478.28 Another bid, another recovery by m***c!

Who will be the next one to attempt a takeover bid! Smile, Maureen! We told you you had a gem!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

I was just racking my brains as to where I got my guess number from (20313), and it just hit me, it's the last portion of my old Windows95 serial code form my first Olivetti Pentium75 computer... :D

The things we forget eh? Yet still rattles around up there, somewhere... :D

Doug Rose

Mo.....I hope you realize that we are all very happy for you. This is a Fantasy Auction for all of us.

Just to let you know, anything over 20K it becomes a taxable income on the whole amount. Past two years we went over 20K and had to pay taxes. A good accountant writes a lot off for you. Maybe, just maybe ....you might want to consider a buy it now for $19, 999 or there abouts. Doesn't mean it will go that high, but it but be a good hedge against taxes. Also, if one of your two suitors really want it , they might jump at it.  It is a gamble, not trying to rain on your parade. Food for thought....Doug
Kidphone